Hello.

Nobodycares

• Platinum Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and the world of Jeeps. I've had Land Rovers all my life (since I was 14), but on a recent green leaning trip to Yorkshire I encountered a couple of JKs, and was surprised by their ability both on and off road compared to the Defender.

As a result of this, after 30 or so years of loyalty to the green oval I've ordered a four door V6 Rubicon in black, with AEV 2.5" lift, front and rear bumpers and wheel mount, rear mounted fuel tank, high lift Jack mount (thanks Bob......), and speaker LED headlights, oh and 35" tyres on 17" black alloys. Oh, and a soft top. And a detachable tow bar.

I know really very little about Jeeps, but having had a 24 hour test drive, I'm really looking forward to a new experience. I hate to say it, but it seems the modern Wrangler is really what the Defender should have been.

I now have a six month old Defender 90 to sell......

Delivery is expected for late March, early April, I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Cheers, Andrew.

• Platinum Member

Hi Andrew,

Welcome aboard!

You are going to love your Rubicon.

Come on out and meet the gang at the American Car Show/Billngs in April.

Jim

• Platinum Member

Look forward to seeing you there. It's a good gathering, Saturday hopefully includes Jeep only off-roading, Saturday night campfire gathering, and Sunday the show is usually a much bigger general attendance crowd.

• Platinum Member

Should I stay over? I like the sound of a few beers around the campfire on Saturdy night!

Sorry to be so ignorant, but where do I book camping etc? Is there a Jeep area?

Cheers, Andrew.

(Ps. Most people call me Robbo)

Guest grey thunder

We do have a section for jeep owners vehicles for the display, there are some motels with I'm walking distance. I'll add you to the list for showing your vehicle... If you don't want to camp book a room Asaph  :great:

• Platinum Member

Thanks Bob, more than happy to show vehicle, so long as it's arrived. Think it would be fun to camp, there's a first time for everything!