Suspension failure

Patrick

• Platinum Member

I had an AEV 2.5" suspension kit fitted about 2 1/2 years ago.now the left rear shock a Bilsten make - had failed. Is there a good alternative easily bought or will I need to go through the hassle of getting from Quadratec and waiting weeks and weeks and paying absorbitent import duties ?

• Platinum Member

Failing that it might be worth looking at somebody else's shocks. OME have a great name or even Ironman might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Patrick, you could check out the situation with NENE - now AEV importers and a club sponsor ...

I realise you didn't buy from them ... but might be worth a chat.

• Platinum Member

Send an email to AEV together with your purchase receipt from Quadratec and ask them if you can contact NENE, as their official representatives.

• Administrators

Patrick you should be able to get replacements no problem! There are now numerous AEV stockists here in the UK too so you won't need to go the US route!

Don't just put any old shock on as AEV spent fortunes in testing and developing on Chryslers own test track so it all works in harmony!

Any problems give me a shout.

• Platinum Member

Thanks. Apparently, according to Quadratec, these Bilstein shock absorbers are bespoke for that AEV suspension lift. According to Bilstein themselves, there are NONE in Europe or N. America! They're on back-order and could be 4-5 weeks !!!

So having chatted with Chris Bashall yesterday at Surrey Off-Road, I've opted to replace the rears with OME 60067 shocks. They're in stock and my mechanic should get them today.

Thanks for the comments

Patrick

• Platinum Member

Glad to here that you have found a solution, it will be interesting to hear what the ride is like using the OME with AEV Springs. My AEV shocks( ex dozer) have surface rust and when they go I will look at OME or Ironman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrators

Thanks. Apparently, according to Quadratec, these Bilstein shock absorbers are bespoke for that AEV suspension lift. According to Bilstein themselves, there are NONE in Europe or N. America! They're on back-order and could be 4-5 weeks !!!

So having chatted with Chris Bashall yesterday at Surrey Off-Road, I've opted to replace the rears with OME 60067 shocks. They're in stock and my mechanic should get them today.

Thanks for the comments

Patrick

Hi Patrick

Personally I would NOT fit these ? AEV have designed their suspension as a package ! I can contact AEV for you and get th replacements you need ! I can not stress enough the mixing of manufacturers  components designed to work as a package is a bad idea  :scratch: