BF Goodrich

Obarno

• Platinum Member

I have been looking for a BFG KM2 mud terrain 33 10.50 15 since I damaged one in Italy in September, I have tried numerous UK suppliers and some French ones as well. Eventually I found one in Denmark which should hopefully arrive today. I know that BFG make these in batches but it seems strange that there still are none available. I have looked on their UK website and that size is no longer shown. I have emailed them twice but not really expecting a reply and wasn't disappointed! I have tried to find a phone number for them but without success.

So does anyone have a contact or indeed number for BFG UK so that I can find out what's happening? One rumor I heard, but can't really believe, is that the KM2 does not  meet UK 2016 tyre regs.

• Platinum Member

Posted in another thread recently ...

"PS here is the Michelin customer helpline number I mentioned yesterday: 0845 3661590"

Michelin are the manufacturer of BFG tyres ... Hope they can help.

KM3 coming soon??

• Platinum Member

Thanks for that Kerry. I spoke to Michelin today and they confirmed there is no availability of that tyre and they don't now import it! Great!

• Platinum Member

Glad you were able to speak to someone "in the know" Peter ... sorry it wasn't better news.

We - in the UK and probably Europe - do seem to get a rather small selection of tyres ... as opposed to those made and available in America. I guess the powers to be have decided we don't need them :grrrrrr:

I have just acquired my long awaited BFG AT KO2's in 315/70/r17 ... would have preferred the imperial 35/12.5/r17 - which are ofcourse readily available in USA - a small size difference I know ... but

Re KM3 - that is a bit of a red-herring at present. Came up in the US forums in April/May 2015 and some people got to secretly try/test the prototype ... then BFG let it be known that the new mud tyre would not be coming until 2017!! To be released in USA first ofcourse.

• Platinum Member

Good news that you got the KO 2's - I thought they weren't available in the UK yet. I would quite like those for my JK - a good compromise between an AT and MT and also wear extremely well. Be interesting to see how you find them.

Irritating about my tyres as really it means at some point I will need to change to 255 85 16 which will also involve new wheels as well. However the people I got the one tyre from in Denmark still have 5 more left. Should I say to them they are a redundant size and they should sell them to me at a huge discount or perhaps they will say they are very rare and worth a premium! I use my TJ a lot in France and it would be a real pain if I damaged another one this summer. Fortunately though I do have 2 spare wheels and 2 more old tyres with a few mm of tread.

They are however, still available in the States so could be imported.