Jeep tj wrangler 2.5 low speed jerking

si jl

• Platinum Member

hi.since i have had the jeep at low speed the car often jerks forward and back.if i go over a bump in first or second on no or part throttle the car will start jerking.if i give it more throttle the jerking gets worse.the only way to stop it is to stop and start again.changing up helps but going uphill it isnt really an option.it also does it at low speed in second and third if i come off the throttle.if i use more throttle in a situation where it would jerk it is better but flooring it uphill round a tight bend or in a dangerous situation say if its a blind bend isnt a good option.off road over bumps i want to use first crawling over bumps but to prevent jerking i use second and the jeep struggles.or i floor it in second and have less control over the car.thanks

Account_Deleted_02

The TJ has a very sensitive throttle and it can get a bit jerky at low speeds off road especially if the road is bumpy. I drive with my right foot braced against the wall of the footwell to steady it.

• Platinum Member

Same thing. Right foot pressed hard against footwell especially off-roading. Even speed bumps are noticeable to me in the TJ throttle.