jeep rental USA

frosty

• Platinum Member

hi all, I am planning to go to the USA, to drive some trails around the Rubicon trail, can anyone recommend where me and my mate can rent a couple of JK rubicons from, I know there are plenty of rental companies, just wondered if anyone has experience with any.

• Administrators

hi all, I am planning to go to the USA, to drive some trails around the Rubicon trail, can anyone recommend where me and my mate can rent a couple of JK rubicons from, I know there are plenty of rental companies, just wondered if anyone has experience with any.

Yes Try Nina at Barlow's Frosty vey good well maintained Jeeps! http://www.barlows.us  used them in Moab! Someone else in our group had hired from twice Jeep and broke down twisted on the Trail! You will need to get insurance from https://www.icarhireinsurance.com/?MID=0&PID=P31#2

You will need CDW and LDW coverage! But it's dead cheap!

DSC00160.thumb.jpg.6ca907042e469a13a2ac014eaaaaf49a.jpg

• Platinum Member

We hired "jessibell" from barlows yes they like their jeeps that much they give them names,.

Nice bunch of people also recommend to us from Stewart.

Guest grey thunder

I love the rubicon. Have driven it 4 time now nice to get to the end and see lake tahoe and George Town is beautiful.

Iv done a bit in the Moab and its stunning but for me it's the rubicon so much so that we're off there again next year. Your love it.

• Administrators

Not got to Rubicon Yet  (possible 2017 JOC  trip) but Moab was great ! Went with the Guys at AEV after SEAMA last November ! Worth a trip both Moab and Rubicon are very different experiences from what I understand.

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

thanks for all the info, have booked a month off work, going to fly out 1st June, back on 28th. we are going to Moab, 2 Rubicon extreme 2drs booked from Cliffhanger, also took out the insurance Stuart suggested. only 57 days to go, and yes I am counting. !!!!!!

• Platinum Member

Hi Frosty ignore this if you've paid money to Cliffhanger

But they used to be very restrictive with what trails they allowed you to go on

twisted were much more relaxed and my mates out there have had good feed back on Nina barlow

you will have fantastic fun the traction has to be lived to be believed

• Administrators

thanks for all the info, have booked a month off work, going to fly out 1st June, back on 28th. we are going to Moab, 2 Rubicon extreme 2drs booked from Cliffhanger, also took out the insurance Stuart suggested. only 57 days to go, and yes I am counting. !!!!!!

Have good time! don't forget to post us an update while you are there!!

• Platinum Member

Have good time! don't forget to post us an update while you are there!!

thanks Stewart, will do. ( 56 days now :-) )

• Administrators

thanks Stewart, will do. ( 56 days now :-) )

Great stuff I loved Moab!! Tip over challenge was interesting on the 1st day of the 3days I spent with guys from AEV!

• Platinum Member

An hours down time this afternoon watching back to back Moab videos.  By the end of it I had convinced myself of the necessity of a V8 conversion, ProRock 60's and King coil overs [emoji1] (apparently that's overkill for the Cotswolds...meh)

Very jealous of your trip - have fun!

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.