Insurance Renewal

Martin Payne

• Platinum Member

Hi all it's that time of year for me the dreaded insurance renewal date  :rules: currently with Adrian flux on a limited mileage includes off road plus breakdown cover can anyone tell me other companys that offer cover feel I need to get another quote

New quote is for Wrangler TJ 1997

with listed extras and breakdown cover £522 if its a good quote please let me know

Kind regards

Martin

I pay £280 Fully Comp Protected NCD etc on a 2015 Wrangler...I've always found Adrian Flux to be hideously overpriced...shop around would be my advice.

Guest Toptooler

Heard good thinks about Greenlight insurance on other forums

Will be trying them this weekend as my insurance is due this month had renewal from Lancaster bit steep

• Platinum Member
General Confusion

My 99 TJ is with Glynwood. Fully Comp. Ability to drive other vehicles. Full Off-Road cover. All mods declared. £245

• Platinum Member

Hi i paid 265 fully comp for upto 5000 miles  for my 98 tj with direct line but it was totally stock then as i had just brought it

hope this helps

• 1 year later...
  • Platinum Member

I'm trying a-plan for a new JKUR

Flux doubled their premium! AA refused as they say their reinsurers don't do off road use

Anybody had experience of them?

• Platinum Member

I'm trying a-plan for a new JKUR

Flux doubled their premium! AA refused as they say their reinsurers don't do off road use

Anybody had experience of them?

New Ruby????? I use NFU mutual on mine and Lou's. All mods and all offroading declared and covered.

No experience with A Plan

• Platinum Member

Mines up.  At the moment Direct Line are quoting £500

On the comparison sites cheapest quote was around £1100

• Platinum Member

ive gone back to Adrian flux again this year full comp  /protected ncb and all my mods and 9000 miles ,for £270 on my commander . :icon_geek:

• Platinum Member

I was doing well with LVI until I lost 3 years NCD and now paying over £700 with Flux online. I have got business use on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had mine on a fleet policy until a couple of weeks ago (Changing a few things so not possible anymore), Did a deal with Flux at £300 with all mods and off Roding included with agreed value of £30K! Also renewed my bike insurance with them inc all the mods at the same time, They are up for a deal £500 for both :mdr:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Hi Fenton, be careful of direct line as they only cover limited accessories and no off road use. As soon as you mention a winch on the vehicle they will decline to cover, in my past experience with them.

• Platinum Member

This insurance thread is quite interesting.  There seems to be a whole difference of opinions on who is the best, or not as the case may be.

So, insurance is up for renewal end of March.

I'm currently with Direct Line.  Renewal quote is £530, without any mods.

NFU Mutual quoted me £1160.

LV on line could not offer me insurance when i added mods to the quote.

This is all with 9 years NCD and it being garaged every night....

I will try Adrian Flux.  As it stands though, I could be sticking with Direct Line.

This is unless anyone else has some other recommendations.

• Platinum Member

Shop around and declare your mods and use. You defiantly need a grid style tick list to compare like for like. Seems all of the Insurers premiums can vary wildly. Don't forget to ask about club discounts, association discounts etc. as members who were about to sign have found that additional discounts may be had.

Direct Line - we had a member a few weeks ago drive to the continent and found out just before leaving that Direct Line policy did not cover that and whacked an excess fee for doing so.

• Platinum Member

So, insurance.  I'm of the conclusion it is a crap shoot.  You roll the dice.......

Spoken to Adrian Flux.  Their quote is about £5 more than my Direct Line renewal cost.  This takes into account the from bumper change. 

This quote also takes into account protecting my NCB (which normally equates to 10% of the premium).  My voluntary excess has dropped from £500 to £350.

Covered for green laning and no extra cost for European driving.

win win I think.. :icon_rr: :icon_rr:

• Platinum Member

So, insurance.  I'm of the conclusion it is a crap shoot.  You roll the dice.......

Spoken to Adrian Flux.  Their quote is about £5 more than my Direct Line renewal cost.  This takes into account the from bumper change. 

This quote also takes into account protecting my NCB (which normally equates to 10% of the premium).  My voluntary excess has dropped from £500 to £350.

Covered for green laning and no extra cost for European driving.

win win I think.. :icon_rr: :icon_rr:

Sounds good Fenton ...

PS Adrian Flux normally offer a discount to JOC members :icon_pirat:

• Platinum Member

JOC was mentioned and I think this was added to the mix.

Interestingly, spoke to Direct Line this morning.  The good news was my renewal would not be impacted by adding a non OEM bumper.  The bad news is they would have to decline my insurance if i declare i want to use a 4x4 for off road purposes.

Only issue now is by leaving them and going to Adrian Flux may impact the premiums on one possibly two other cars....

• Administrators

JOC was mentioned and I think this was added to the mix.

Interestingly, spoke to Direct Line this morning.  The good news was my renewal would not be impacted by adding a non OEM bumper.  The bad news is they would have to decline my insurance if i declare i want to use a 4x4 for off road purposes.

Only issue now is by leaving them and going to Adrian Flux may impact the premiums on one possibly two other cars....

I would give direct line a miss ! All the high budget advertising campaign and the reality of there service is very different with overseas call centres etc.. ! I would recommend an insurance company that understands 4x4's and modifications also! Try explaining a lift modification they all think you are going to lower it!  :rofl:

• Platinum Member

I would give direct line a miss ! All the high budget advertising campaign and the reality of there service is very different with overseas call centres etc.. ! I would recommend an insurance company that understands 4x4's and modifications also! Try explaining a lift modification they all think you are going to lower it!  :rofl:

I agree more with Fenton on this one, its a complete lottery with what you get.

I had Adrian flux for the past two years, it was really easy to setup, and organise, but when it came to a tiny claim they were absolutely useless, washed their hands of it, and didn't contact me for over 6 months. When it came to renewal they emailed me one price, and when I called up to pay they doubled the price in the email.

I've sinced moved to direct line this week, who were incredibly helpful with the setup, and gave me some advice on how to force some resolution from Adrian Flux/LV= to get this over and done with. (They gave me the same annual fee as the original Flux email, and cover everything that was required)

• Platinum Member

Harry,

Have you declared you mods to Direct Line and stated you'll be using a 4x4 on something more than just tarmac?  As I mentioned before, when I said i wanted to drive across a field I was told they would decline insurance.

Also be aware, they will charge you extra for driving Europe for an extended period....