JEEP's appalling service

garym

• Platinum Member

I am currently on my third jeep ,a Patriot Diesel(2.2 - 2011) , that broke down over xmas . The Water Pump/power steering unit failed , as of now no replacement part exists in Europe ..... 6 weeks after the breakdown . Has anyone else experienced this atrocious supply issue , if Fiat can't get supply parts how are jeep a viable car to own . It's used for my business and has caused massive issues with work . I've been driving for 32 years and never had a car part take more than 2 or 3 days to arrive .

• Platinum Member

My freind has had the same problem with his,it was in the dealership in hull for 12 weeks,they gave him a loan car,soon has he got it back he traded it in for a freelander he say he will never buy a jeep again,a real shame....

• Platinum Member

I'm informed that Fiat want people buying jeeps with their engines and don't really give s**t about people with Mercedes or VW engines .....they would very much like them to go away  ....you've been warned .

IMG_1463.thumb.JPG.3bfcced6742314198563c8492c6b2d9a.JPG

• Platinum Member

The 2.2 appears to be a Merc engine

http://www.rac.co.uk/buying-a-car/car-reviews/jeep/patriot/8955

Surely parts should be available for this  via any Merc dealership ???

Havent had any issues in getting Engine Parts for the VM 2.8CRD in the Wrangler

Get them delivered from Italy in a couple of days if not in stock Either branded VM or Mopar

• Platinum Member

Lawrence, very helpful. Gonna need to make sure that my (2011) 2.8 Wrangler is pampered by those that know what they are doing!! :icon_e_wink:

Any recommendations in the NE (Newcastle)?

• Platinum Member

Honestly baffled by the whole thing ... posted on Jeeps facebook site and had a reasonably helpful but ultimately useless  response via messaging from jeep usa .... but they don't seem to think its unacceptable and appalling that they are shown up like this . This part is not in Europe , has to come from mercedes( i know this is Europe but it has to travel through the obsurd  system ), go to the USA then get shipped back to UK via Italy  .

THIS IS THE PART NUMBER ...IF ANYONE CAN MAGIC ONE UP

Part Number K68090692AB

You could ask AndyB at Jeepey, he may be able to help. He is a forum sponsor

• Platinum Member

Already spoken to Jeepey ..lovely and helpful but said it's not unheard of. I think the engine is unique for the jeep and as such wouldn't be at a merc dealership or supplier.

• Platinum Member

Lawrence, very helpful. Gonna need to make sure that my (2011) 2.8 Wrangler is pampered by those that know what they are doing!! :icon_e_wink:

Any recommendations in the NE (Newcastle)?

Now do all my regular servicing myself + brakes, discs, callipers,  fluid changes in gear box, transfer case diffs etc  with an experienced mechanic handy to eyeball my work on something I'm not totally familiar with. I know my limitations.

Local dealers are OK, but when I got my lift done I went to Revolution in Dunston Gateshead who do suspension stuff on many vehicle types mainly sports.

Also went there to get my Timing Belt, water pump & Coolant change done, with me supplying the factory  VM parts &  Mopar coolant

Also took print outs from the service manual (not that they really needed them, but were useful on procedure & the torque values were a handy ref)

Did save approx £350+ against dealership, but their guarantee  will be more comprehensive on supplied parts etc.

If you do pop in to Revolution ask for Glenn the manager & mention me.

• Platinum Member

how do i private message .. i have a case number

Click on the rh icon just above where it says "first name Stewart"

Daz

• Platinum Member

I tried the Fiat dealer in Guildford. Hopeless. 2014,The jeep was a year old but had a recall note. They gave the 1st year service but couldn't get the parts....one year later, 2015 for 2 yr service and a 2nd recall.....they said parts were in and booked me in for the service....took 2 weeks .....anyway, now this is 3rd year so I called to book MOT and 3 yr service...I called 3 times but haven't actually gotten anybody from their service to respond. Now its booked with a local garage that I know and have used before. Fingers crossed!

• Platinum Member

NOW I'VE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE PART FOR MY CAR WON'T BE IN THE UK UNTIL THE 1ST MARCH ...10 F***ING WEEKS AFTER IT BROKE DOWN .... DON'T EVER EVER EVER BUY A BLOODY JEEP , FIAT  CUSTOMER ARE SERVICES INEPT AND INSIPID .

• Platinum Member

Did you try a Merc dealer ?

Water Pump/power steering unit surely cant be unique to the Jeep installed Merc 2.2 ?