Hello from North Wales

Richie

• Platinum Member

Hello all

Not a Jeep owner at the moment. Have had a Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Land Cruiser and currently running a Freelander 2 but looking for a 2009 or preferably 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

So any advice on any problems to look out for would be appreciated.

Cheers

Richie

• Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Richie, i'm sure some of the Wrangler boys/girls will be along to give you some buying advice.

Daz

Richie,

Welcome to the club.

Are you looking for a facelift model, the one with the more modern interior. They are the later models from 2010 onwards, I think.

The pre 2010 models have a bigger "legal" towing capacity than the later ones.

Then you need to decide Petrol or Diesel. You will only find Rubicon models in Petrol.

Also some of the 2009 models out there are actually 2007 models that sat with either dealers or Jeep and were registered in 2009, not 2009 models. It was tuff times for Jeep then.

I am sure others will add their comments. Also the forum has lots of interesting posts for you to browse.

Cheers

Neal

Hi Richie,

Welcome :great:  , lots of knowledge to be gained here on all Jeep models.

You can run the vin of any JK your looking at to give you build details including production dates ,axles ratios etc here -> https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5MzY0MzI4OC9zaWQvWGxOMmc2T2w%3D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Thank chaps. I'm looking for diesel would prefer auto but appreciate their not as common as the manuals from what seems to be for sale in my price bracket at the moment.

Not too bothered if it's a sport, Sahara etc.

Thanks for the info and link.

Richie