Sign in to follow this  
Bradleyu1

Anyone use waffle boards?

Bradleyu1

I've been debating getting waffle boards, anyone use them, how useful are they?

0||||||0  Jeep Wrangler TJ 2002

Guest grey thunder

they are a great bit of kit but heavy when full of mud, also look at treds and max-trax ..I have the standard waffles and a set of max trax and I use  the max trax more 

Mike

make sure you use plenty of maple syrup.

They're great bits of kit, I've used them for making mini-bridges, ramps & short descents etc...they've also saved on vehicle damage...get some they're cheap for what they are.

tedthefed

Also good for putting the jack on

Stew the Jeep

Been pondering some

Bradleyu1

they are a great bit of kit but heavy when full of mud, also look at treds and max-trax ..I have the standard waffles and a set of max trax and I use  the max trax more

Looking at 1220x310x38 waffle boards, would these be strong enough to take a car going over a hole or are they likely to break?

Guest grey thunder

Or you could try these ...

http://www.neneoverland.co.uk/shop/brand/tred-tracks/tred-1100-recovery-tracks

Available in 2 sizes from Nene - NOT cheap ... but they do look strong.

These are rubbish took two into North Yorkshire this month and smashed both of them helping a skoda yeti,they do not flex and are only good in sand or snow.  I would NOT recommend these at all. Max trax do flex as do waffles.

darrenh

These are rubbish took two into North Yorkshire this month and smashed both of them helping a skoda yeti,they do not flex and are only good in sand or snow.  I would NOT recommend these at all. Max trax do frex as do waffles.

I'll stick with my muddy waffles then  :great:

Daz

Maverick23

These are rubbish took two into North Yorkshire this month and smashed both of them helping a skoda yeti,they do not flex and are only good in sand or snow.  I would NOT recommend these at all. Max trax do frex as do waffles.

Thanks Bob :great:

Glad I didn't take the plunge ... and sorry you had to find out that they don't work in the real world ... shame :grrrrrr:

Bradleyu1

Incredibly useful info, thank you guys

Chrisby

I have 2 sets in the workshop, Had them bolted to the roof of my Fourtrak, Never used them but looked good on the roof! Never felt the need to put them in the Jeep. Might do now I have a roof rack to mount them too though. Plus they match the Green and Black theme which helps lol :mdr:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cameronw2411

Great piece of kit in my eyes, always take them with us when we go out laning or to play days. Use them all the time when stuck, and most of the time they get you out. Would have been lost without them on two occasions when out on the moors, out on our own with one stuck vehicle, so would defiantly recommend getting some. 

Jules

Got a pair of waffle boards from Tracmat some years back.

As with any piece of off road kit it is not the how many times you use them that counts. Better to be with them that without I reckon on certain trips I do.

Also useful as a seat around the BBQ, an impromptu table top etc etc. So much more than just a "waffle board".

Rolf

I use waffle boards all the time to make steps and work platforms in factory's because they are such high grip, just never got around to cutting a strip off an 8x4 sheet to use off road. One day when I get 5 mins I will do, hopefully before I find myself in a remote location needing them. Lol. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bradleyu1

Here's ones I've just bought from fibre grid uk based in Haverhill. £34.99 for 1220x38x310

3ffa17bd406768cc03d39979de02c358.jpg

sabconsulting

I've got a set of heavy duty waffle boards. Took them to North Africa with the truck camper. However, didn't need them (compressor did its job instead). But since they have been extremely useful for walking across the muddy lawn. Ironically they were slightly too long so I cut a foot off them when they arrived. Those two 2-ft sections have been very useful in the camper - as a base for the outside shower and to put down in front of the rear steps of the camper so you aren't stepping directly onto mud.

So although I never got to use them for their intended purpose, they have been a good purchase nonetheless.

Steve.