Odyssey battery PC1500 hold down

Vuck Roger

• Platinum Member

Hi,

as per title I am about to install a new battery on a 3.8 JK and was wondering if:

- anyone replaced their battery by this one? If so, can you share your feedback

- did you install an aftermarket hold down? If so, what would you recommend that does the job and doesn't break the bank.

Thanks for your help.

Hugo

• Platinum Member

hi mate, my JK is  a diesel, so I know it is a different set up, but just so the other Diesel drivers know, the PC1500 will just fir in the battery box, however the terminals are very, very close to the bonnet when it is closed, so close, that I took the battery back and put another yellow top in.

the problem is, that the base of the battery tray is molded in the shape if a yellow top battery, ie, 6 joined circles.

• Platinum Member

Hi,

as per title I am about to install a new battery on a 3.8 JK and was wondering if:

- anyone replaced their battery by this one? If so, can you share your feedback

- did you install an aftermarket hold down? If so, what would you recommend that does the job and doesn't break the bank.

Thanks for your help.

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

Martin is right the Terminals of the Odissey PC1500 are close to the Bonnet in the JK and also very close to the Chassis in my KJ.

However I've got 2 of these in my JK and one in my KJ. You need to make sure the Positive Terminal is well covered.  Don't cover the Negative only the +.

You can see on the pic below both Positive Terminals are well covered in my JK.

You can buy different Terminal covers to suit your set-up just make sure you get the right one.

I personally prefer the Odissey batteries to other brands but it's your choice.

IMG_0484_167969.thumb.JPG.db5ca03d962055aba0fc34222ec71a04.JPG

• Platinum Member

Thansk for both your replies!

I have a LHD with an AEV bonnet, so I should be good. The battery in the LHD is on the opposite side, your driver side, my passenger! And I do have battery terminal covers!