XJ - under body protection

Mark Dowley

• Platinum Member

Hi can anyone help me ?.

I am slowly making my Cherokee xj (1999) 2.5 petrol  fully off road capable and at the same time not making it look like a jeep on steroids. I am now looking for an under engine skid plate but they all seem to be in the USA .

dose anyone know where I can get one or even get one made in the uk. I was told of a place somewhere in wales but cant find it on the net .

can you help ???

many thanks

Mark Dee 

• Platinum Member

Check Steve at FTE 4x4, for local fabrication.

I heard he is working with a local person and might be able to sort you out.

Let us know

• Administrators

Check Steve at FTE 4x4, for local fabrication.

I heard he is working with a local person and might be able to sort you out.

Let us know

You might be in for a long wait  :icon_eek:

• Platinum Member

You might be in for a long wait  :icon_eek:

Yeah whats that about stewart?  emailed him about supplying and installing my Teraflex lift kit, got no reply. subsequently imported and fitted the lift myself.

• Platinum Member

Hi can anyone help me ?.

I am slowly making my Cherokee xj (1999) 2.5 petrol  fully off road capable and at the same time not making it look like a jeep on steroids. I am now looking for an under engine skid plate but they all seem to be in the USA .

dose anyone know where I can get one or even get one made in the uk. I was told of a place somewhere in wales but cant find it on the net .

can you help ???

many thanks

Mark Dee

I believe one of our sponsors - NENE Overland ... who are based in Peterborough AND Maidenhead - may be able to help. I am fairly sure that they do fabrication for LR and now also for Jeep.

PS I have vaguely discussed underbody protection for my Rubicon and they seemed quite keen - although for me it is part of stage 3 mods and that's about a year away - so I have no actual experience of their capabilities.

Search eBay for Benek-36 , He does these types of thing and is a Member! His name is Lukasz If doesn't have it on his eBay listing drop him a message and I'm sure he'll be able to help. Oh and Say hello from me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Administrators

Yeah whats that about stewart?  emailed him about supplying and installing my Teraflex lift kit, got no reply. subsequently imported and fitted the lift myself.

Unfortunately I have heard this from many Club members !

• Platinum Member

Hi can anyone help me ?.

can you help ???

many thanks

Mark Dee 

To bring us back on the topic and the OP question, I would suggest that you look into an aluminum skid. About half the weight of a steel skid and, if properly constructed can take a punch. This would be my obvious choice given your requirement of keeping it low on the of steroid intake.

Also might want to look at what ASFIR 4x4 sells on their eBay shop.

Let us know what you end up deciding; I still want to have an HEMI Cherokee one day!