Slindon for a newbie

fen01

• Platinum Member

So, I've paid up the day out at Slindon, and will be bringing my stock JKU (it's that new it still has that new car smell).  What do I need to worry about? I'm running on standard Bridgestone Duelers.  Will these be sufficient for the day?

What other recommendations for stuff to take?

Cheers.

• Platinum Member

To be honest, the great thing about these sites is, you can do as much or as little as you want. I'd say a stock jk even on H/T tires is a very capable vehicle , and you'll be amazed by what it does.

Recovery gear is always good, ie a strap, some shackles. But if you did need a pull there are plenty of people who will have something. Apart from that, a set of Wellies and a towel are the only must haves!  :icon_lol:

Sure you'll have a great time, and make you want to spend more on the jeep! (Yet to decide whether that's a good or bad thing :scratch:)

See you there mate

Steve

• Platinum Member

if this quarry at slindon is anything like yarwell at Peterborough, you'll have a great time  :great: . see you there , ps ive got a new snatch strap if you get stuck  :mdr:

• Platinum Member

Hi Fenton

It'll be my first time too - in a 19 year old TJ ! Us newbies should stick together :-)

I'm in a 8 week old JKU, still under manufacturer's warranty  :icon_e_confused: :icon_e_confused:

• Platinum Member

I'm a newbie too going in a nearly stock TJ (only thing ive changed is put 18" rims on.

Good to know there will be fellow newbies there so wont look a fool on my own. Well hope not lol. God tips tho on the water and towels etc.

• Platinum Member

Don't worry slim don has a large open area so no need to get scratched if you don't need to, don't go up to the winch challenger area though.

Lots to do without damaging body might get some battle scars underneath though.  :icon_e_biggrin: