Waterproofing

daman

• Platinum Member

Hi all

I definitely need a new soft top  for my 1997 TJ. Following the recent rains, every morning there are drops of water on the inside dripping down.

So, two questions:

Are there any good waterproofing sprays I can apply as a stopgap until I sort out a new roof?

What are the best softtops for the UK climate, bearing in mind lots of rain and only taking it down occasionally?

Cheers

- daman

• Platinum Member
The Green Goblin

I just bought a new soft top recently and also used a product called fabsil.  I got the can which I then used a paint brush to apply. The do sprays as well

• Platinum Member

With the weather we have I personally think a soft top with the option to open the front as a 'sunroof' such as the Bestop sunrider or trektop are the way to go.  Both seemed reasonably waterproof on mine, but I do garage it so I'm not the best person to comment on if they have problems allowing water ingress.

• Platinum Member

we have a 2000 model TJ and have gone through a selection of soft tops - got a lot of UV damage on the first one through general use in the desert, and wore out, so we tried a bikini - not good for rain!!!! kept the sun off nicely.  Since returning to UK 3 years ago we invested in a Best top(?) sunrider - the front bit folds back easily if the weather's good, and have no problem with water coming in, parked outside in Cumbria!  Like it very much!

• Platinum Member

Thanks all

I'm going to try Autoglym Soft Top protector as a stop gap solution - while I try to source a Best Top. Jeepey seems to have them for YJ and JKs but not for TJs :-(