My 2nd JKUR...

Oddball

• Platinum Member

I bought it and I am going to build it [emoji3]

e002b809477607db68ce546687f89987.jpg

Hopefully this one will cost a little less to mod?!

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.

• Platinum Member

Sitting around convalescing post minor op is a dangerous thing...I fell onto a YouTube channel dedicated to this kit, found a uk supplier with stock "yes darling, it IS essential"....

• Platinum Member

It's a manufacturer licensed product including lots of aftermarket contributors.  Going to build it as a replica of out JKUR...use it to move beer around camp!

• Platinum Member

I’ve found that "yes darling, it IS essential" is really a key phrase you need to have in the bag before even contemplating a Jeep.

• Platinum Member

Have you seen the Gelande trucks. Only do defender body, but the engineering is pretty impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

And I thought this Axial Jeep stuff was expensive!  Just had a root around at the Gelande stuff...c.£500 for a 90 without the RC bits [emoji15].

As I was looking through I was thinking, over priced, dated design, wonder if they will be reliable, they do look a bit slow, then it dawned on me, this is a scale replica so all of these thoughts and feelings are spot on! [emoji28]

• Platinum Member

And I thought this Axial Jeep stuff was expensive!  Just had a root around at the Gelande stuff...c.£500 for a 90 without the RC bits [emoji15].

As I was looking through I was thinking, over priced, dated design, wonder if they will be reliable, they do look a bit slow, then it dawned on me, this is a scale replica so all of these thoughts and feelings are spot on! [emoji28]

And over engineered like the original.

If you watch the video of them building the lkit, the presenter uses scales axle stands.

On the Axial model, is the chassis in one piece, or parts as with the Gelande model?

• Platinum Member

Metal parts...a lot of plastic throughout the construction though.  It will be no surprise to learn that there is a huge aftermarket industry...where you have to import from the states!  Scale realism...

• Platinum Member

It will; once the crate of new tools and parts has arrived! (yes darling, they are essential)...