Dash Cam? Any recomendations

neal

Hi All,

Anybody got a Dash Cam?

I use a Go Pro off road, but have been looking at getting a true Dash Cam for my commuting and general road use.

So after comments/recommendations/experiences.

Should I get a front facing one, a front and rear facing, a front/rear and cockpit one. Auto record, G-force/GPS sensors etc.

The choices seem to be endless, so looking for input.

Cheers

Neal

• Platinum Member

Neal,i got a nice dash-cam for £15 on ebay..(the same one in argos is £65) and its doing a great job,i got one because im sick and tired of other drivers coming out in front of me,i dont have rear facing camera just yet,dont let the £15 price tag put you off..the dash-cam is doing a real fine job on the windscreen of my XJ... :great:..den...ps..the camera also has a sim card i bought (32g) and you can upload to a pc.

• Platinum Member

I got one fitted in front and rear of daughters Renegade , can even put a sim card in to auto load to computer.  Its the smart witness  KP 1. A firm in Burton on Trent fitted for me Tel: 01283-533330 Email: support@smartfits.co.uk . They also fitted the others I have had.  Not electric minded so found it easier to pay someone

Hi Neal,

I've looked I to this for the business, There are lots out their and we trialed around 5 devices. Ended up buying the Nexbase 402G's as they by far we the most user friendly and also had the best image (Including night image). The G sensors works very well and the fact they have inbuilt GSP also helps to prove speed etc at the of any incident. We have permanently wired all of ours into all 38 vehicles and nearly 1 year on we have no issues and are very happy with them. Not the cheapest ones out there but I think the quality and durability are wright on the money.

They are however a single image cam which works well as we mainly have vans, I know there are now dual image/camera units which might work well in a car.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Hi Neal

Thanks for the info you sent me! Lights Ordered :great:

I can highly recommend the Transcend  Drive Pro 220 picture quality is excellent it is pricey but I feel you get what you pay for!!! plus I went for the bigger SD card and the upgraded screen mount.

Paul.

Thanks guys,

Well I think it's thanks  :scratch: I now have 4 recommendations, so am spoilt for choice.

I think Costalot ( as Costco is know as in our house) has the nexbase on offer at the moment. Might need to go back and check model and price.

:great:

Glad you sorted the lights Paul,

• Platinum Member

I bought the Nextbase 402 before Christmas from eBay - Nextbase were selling "returns" from their product support unit at about half list price. Hard wired it in with the Nextbase hardwire kit and very pleased with the result so far. Good clear image and easy to view on my PC using the supplied software - it can show the actual moving  location on a map alongside the video. It can also be viewed on a TV using the supplied HDMI cable - still very clear on 40" screen. I hope this helps.