Replacing light bulbs

BLUE STAR

• Platinum Member

Got a side light off on my JK

Never had to change a bulb on the headlights in nearly 7 years of owning  :icon_e_smile:

I know you have to remove the grill for access

Whats the next step take out the headlight ? ?  :icon_e_confused:

If I'm doing that  might as well replace both main H4 lamps as well

Lawrence,

There are 5 or 6 plastic screws on the top of the grill that you need to remove the centre of these to be able to pull out the outer ring. Retain for replacment.

Then there are 4-5 clips at the bottom. The front indicators stay in the grill so you will need to pull the bulbs out. They do a half turn and then pull clear.

To get at the park/side light you will need to remove the whole headlight, but removing the ring from round the outside.

You can then change what you need to and re-install.

• Platinum Member

Thanks Neal

So remove the ring that presumably is holding in the headlight  ... is that correct  :great:

Going to be a cold job at the moment ... forecast for snow tonight up here in the wild north

I guess there are advantages of LED's after all  :icon_e_biggrin:

So remove the ring that presumably is holding in the headlight  ... is that correct  :great:

Yes, chrome ring around the outside of the headlight, held in by 3 torx screws if I remember correctly.

Just watch you catch the headlight when you remove the last screw as it may topple forward.......

• Platinum Member

Yes, chrome ring around the outside of the headlight, held in by 3 torx screws if I remember correctly.

Just watch you catch the headlight when you remove the last screw as it may topple forward.......

Duly noted  thanks