Fitted Dynatrac ProGripPerformance Brake Kit

Wildjeeper62

• Platinum Member

Since the added power and weight of the Hemi conversion I thought it would be a good idea to improve the brake performance of my JK even more so with 37" Tyres. After comparing  the options on the market I decided to go for the Dynatrac ProGripPerformance Brake Kit.

This kit fits bigger Discs, bigger Caliper brackets and better pads to all 4 wheels and there is no need to disconnect the Calipers from the brake lines.

I was initialy tempted to go for the Terraflex Big Brake Kit but:

- Because my JK is a 2008  I would have had to replace the Master Cylinder as well so the new M C would not be recognised by the ECU unless I take the Jeep to a Dealership to have it initialised / Synced.

- The Terraflex Front kit + Master Cylinder cost almost the same price as the Dynatrac Progrip Kit so I would have had to Fork out more money to get the Terraflex Rear Kit.

- Performance wise both Kit offer a 30% improvement to the standard brake performance.

IMG_0486_167535.thumb.JPG.3872fd81381c720ce6c92d7017272d0f.JPG

IMG_0487_167104.thumb.JPG.d7896819d93a9beee1321272dac0db51.JPG

IMG_0501_161217.thumb.JPG.d206466ffe3e1cbcbe3a0d455419f6d0.JPG

IMG_0502_160785.thumb.JPG.748ee18e7c5a2b3b5d23eeb487a3260a.JPG

• Platinum Member

Hi Neal,

To fit this kit you need at least 17" wheels with 4.75" backspace or Stock Rubicon wheels with 1.50" spacers.

With my 17" Dick Cepek the discs are really close to the inner Rim but there is enough clearance.

If your wheels counterweights are fitted on the outer edge you will have to take them to the garage to have them removed and get your wheels re-balanced with counterweights fitted closer to the wheel hub otherwise you can't clear the discs.

I watched the Wayalife Film for Dynatrac and the Terraflex Big Brake Kit both are on YouTube.

• Platinum Member

Thanks Chris. I am upgrading when my brakes are due. Have only seen the Teraflex. Will look these up.

Thanks Chris. I am upgrading when my brakes are due. Have only seen the Teraflex. Will look these up.

X2, didn't know of these as an option. They look a very promising option, especially with no bleeding or M C change.  :great:

• Platinum Member

You're welcome Gents !

I thought it was worth mentioning this Brake kit as it is better value for money and less hassle than the Terraflex kit.

• Platinum Member

Hi Jim,

You know me I am not trying to give a bad name to Terraflex special!y since I have met with Dennis in 2014 in Chambon.

But if you compare the pros and cons and if you want a 4 wheels upgrade instead of a front wheels only then in my humble opinion the Dynatrac kit is better.

• Trade Member

Thanks for doing this review... i am looking to do the same upgrade soon, was looking at the teraflex kit like you say. I have some upgraded pads on their way to me at the moment to try and then ill decide whether i need more!