tried to fit splash guards.........

fen01

• Platinum Member

and failed!!!!

120 mile round trip to the folks to a flat drive and decent trolley jack, only to find the locking nut socket provided by the Jeep with the car is the wrong one....

To add to this, tried to fitted Rugged Ridge guards to the side marker lights.  Couldn't even get the lens out.  Even if I'd managed the guard does fit the curve and depth of the lens....

not a very productive day really

Feel your pain on that, back to the dealer Monday then?

As for the light guards, not sure anyone makes them for the bigger UK side lights  :scratch:

• Platinum Member
mad mechanic

the wrangler could have 2 locking wheel nut keys, one is for the spare tyre and the other is for the other 4 wheels.

• Platinum Member

the wrangler could have 2 locking wheel nut keys, one is for the spare tyre and the other is for the other 4 wheels.

thanks for that. I'll check in the morning.  Although not sure why you would have two different locking wheel nuts.  If this is the case, I'l be okay if I ever get a puncture, as I'll be able to get the wheel off the carried just not the damaged one off the hub..

See what dealer says Monday.....

• Platinum Member

I have got 2 locking wheel nuts, never understood why Jeep did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

They came from the factory with one security nut on the spare wheel. Then the other 4 were supplied in the UK to comply with the stupid Thatcham anti theft nonsense. The retro fit nuts were usually supplied as a matching set of 5, but the mechanic doing the pre delivery inspection was often too lazy to take the odd one off the spare and replace it.

Personally, I always bin them and fit standard nuts.