Test fitted my new Awning in a bag

neal

After seeing this at the Adventure Travel & Overland Show last Sept I was keen on getting something that would work with both my Hard top and soft top without the need for a roof rack.

This was one of 2 "awnings in a bag" that were on display at the show. This one seemed to have more robust fabric and has a side panel available, not show in these photos.

MGalleryItem.php?id=2714

I needed to "make" a connection set up that would allow the awning to "attach" to either of my tops, so out with the sowing machine, 1" webbing and after some sowing (my mum would be proud) its now connected to roll cage, rear bumper and footman loop.

MGalleryItem.php?id=2715

MGalleryItem.php?id=2716

MGalleryItem.php?id=2717

The awning unfolds over the rear and will provide cover to my tailgate table and seating area.

MGalleryItem.php?id=2718

It consists of 5 or 6 poles depending on if you want it attached to the JK or freestanding.

MGalleryItem.php?id=2719

MGalleryItem.php?id=2720

MGalleryItem.php?id=2721

Might bring it to Slindon for a proper test outing.

Want something similar once the roof rack and tent are on, Looking forward to seeing it at Slindon if you take it! :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Want something similar once the roof rack and tent are on, Looking forward to seeing it at Slindon if you take it! :great:

I will try and bring it with me and you can have a look. It would work with a roof rack easily.

• Platinum Member

Looks good Neal, should patent that to go over the front of JKs to help with leaks  :icon_e_wink:

Guest grey thunder

I have one that's designed to work with a roof rack chris it has the same fitting on it as a caravan awning. ..so you can fit a bit of channel  to the rack and it locks it in place ..iv had this one for over 10yrs and it's still in good shape ..

I have one that's designed to work with a roof rack chris it has the same fitting on it as a caravan awning. ..so you can fit a bit of channel  to the rack and it locks it in place ..iv had this one for over 10yrs and it's still in good shape ..

This one used to have the channel fitting, but they have just changed it to have 3 webbing loops. You could then attach to any "bar".

Hope to get 10yrs plus out of this one  :great:

Guest grey thunder

This one used to have the channel fitting, but they have just changed it to have 3 webbing loops. You could then attach to any "bar".

Hope to get 10yrs plus out of this one  :great:

That sound ok ....just dry it well before you pack it away bud ...I'll bring it next so you can compare it ...iv not used it for 3 yrs or so

Sounds like a deal could be done Bob :great: