hardtop hoists

fen01

• Platinum Member

Hi,

Does anyone know whether there is a UK based company that produces a hardtop hoist? 

I have found Quadratec in the US, but not sure whether they ship to the UK and how much shipping / duty costs would be. is there an importer for Quadratec?

Lifting it off is not an option as I a, 6'2" my wife is 5'4".  Plus looking at the hoist, it is guaranteed to be safe enough to store the top hanging from the roof joists.

Cheers

Welcome to the club Fenton.

I have a hardtop hoist which I got direct from Harken UK. They did not stock the Jeep hoist, but were willing to import one from the US.

I tend to leave the hardtop hanging for 6 months or more in the garage, I do add a couple of straps for added security as the wife's 320 parks underneath it.

http://www.harken.co.uk/article.aspx?id=18798

Cheers Neal

Neal,

Do you just store the front roof panels in the carrier that comes with the vehicle?

Fenton,

I have a couple of big brackets on the wall which they stand on. They double for support for the soft top during the winter, which hangs off of them.

• Platinum Member

Funnily enough, I've just fitted brackets to store the soft top.  It doesn't damage it in having the manly body of the collapsed soft top resting on them?

Funnily enough, I've just fitted brackets to store the soft top.  It doesn't damage it in having the manly body of the collapsed soft top resting on them?

Have been doing this for mine for 3 years or so with no problems. I am a bit OCD when I first hang it up for the winter which I am sure helps.

• Platinum Member
chunkycyclist

I use a large rachet tie down as you see strapped over loads on HGVs and it has proved strong enough to lift and hang the hard top all summer. Easy to lift because of the long ratchet handle lever effect and a lot cheaper than the elec hoist

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk