Newbie in Buckinghamshire

fen01

• Platinum Member

Morning all, and Happy New Year.

New Member to the forum, and to Jeep ownership, hailing from Milton Keynes.

I was hooked on Wranglers after hiring this little beauty for the day in 2014...

Now am the very lucky owner of a Black Edition II. 

IMG_1251.thumb.JPG.0d1f591aa9ab96a5f6eea96b0946f0c3.JPG

Welcome Fenton :great:

Lots of members in the Oxon, Bucks and Northants area, Keep an eye on the events/local meet ups page, We do like a breakfast fry up meet at the Supersausage !

• Platinum Member

Chrisby,

I'll bear that in mind.  Although I'm still in the honeymoon period with the shininess of my JK at the moment, so no to sure about any green laning

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Fenton

well I would say welcome to the club but I'm newer than you are.

If you're up for a bit of gentle local laning with your stealth wrangler once the honeymoon is over and the shininess and seasonal restrictions are off let me know, only 15 minutes from Woburn.

Cheers

Tim 

• Platinum Member

Hi Fenton

well I would say welcome to the club but I'm newer than you are.

If you're up for a bit of gentle local laning with your stealth wrangler once the honeymoon is over and the shininess and seasonal restrictions are off let me know, only 15 minutes from Woburn.

Cheers

Tim

Tim,  It was cleaned last week and the last lot of scars were visible; just means applying a little more elbow grease, or getting someone else to detail. 

Always up for some fun off the road, not sure what is round by us though..  Crossing Apsley Guise golf doesn't count though.

Let me know

• Platinum Member

There is a bit of a dearth of lanes round MK  :icon_e_sad: used to be a good long run up at Plumpton Wood/Moreton Pinkey I think, just past Silverstone up the A5 and another longish run from Royston out to the A10 which are both good for a day but I've no idea if they are still open, otherwise it's trying to tag together short bits here and there or it's Whaddon or Devils Pit. might do a bit of research, unless anyone else knows any good ones for day runs from MK area?

Where/how'd you pick up the scars? 

Lots of lanes north of silverstone still open (not in winter) heading up towards the Warwickshire border :great:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

There is a bit of a dearth of lanes round MK  :icon_e_sad: used to be a good long run up at Plumpton Wood/Moreton Pinkey I think, just past Silverstone up the A5 and another longish run from Royston out to the A10 which are both good for a day but I've no idea if they are still open, otherwise it's trying to tag together short bits here and there or it's Whaddon or Devils Pit. might do a bit of research, unless anyone else knows any good ones for day runs from MK area?

Where/how'd you pick up the scars?

The scars were picked up during a session at Slindon quarry earlier this year.

• Platinum Member

Lots of lanes north of silverstone still open (not in winter) heading up towards the Warwickshire border :great:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up for a day in April..

• Platinum Member

Sounds good to me :great: April it is. I'll look into Silverstone/Moreton Pinkney and see how it pans out.

Cheers

• Platinum Member

Is it possible to gate crash the party ,

would like to join you for a days fun in the lanes dont mind traveling down to you.....

cheers woody

• Platinum Member

No problem as far as I'm concerned. Wouldn't count on it being too amazing though, may be the blind leading the blind a bit here but will see how we go.

btw, may have seen you recently parked up at motorway services on the  M6 near Stoke. At least a nice lifted TJ looking a lot like your pic.

• Platinum Member

Tim sounds like fun, it could of been me parked up a couple of weeks ago ..

• Platinum Member

Tim sounds like fun, it could of been me parked up a couple of weeks ago ..

• Platinum Member

Hi Fen, if you're still up for April I'm looking at 9th/10th or 23rd /24th, just an easy day locally. Let me know if Sat or Sun suits you better. Will probably be a bit of a recon trip as I've not driven these lanes in 25 years ! They are (largely) on seasonal restrictions so I'm just checking they will be off by then.

Hayden, if you see this post, would you be interested?

Cheers

Tim

• Platinum Member

Hi Fen, if you're still up for April I'm looking at 9th/10th or 23rd /24th, just an easy day locally. Let me know if Sat or Sun suits you better. Will probably be a bit of a recon trip as I've not driven these lanes in 25 years ! They are (largely) on seasonal restrictions so I'm just checking they will be off by then.

Hayden, if you see this post, would you be interested?

Cheers

Tim

Tim Hi,  Thanks for this... 

I'm pretty flexible on dates in April, and can do either Saturdays or Sundays.  Would it be better when the restrictions are off these lanes and plan something off that?

fenton