• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oddball

• Maverick23

• Chrisby

• stewart

• Platinum Member

Cheers guys.  Absolutely love it; a spanking new JKUR and a pallet full of bits has been a great experience.

The build is finished, just one or two more finishing touches:

AEV RAI

AEV Tyre carrier

AEV rear bumper

Short rack

Interior re trim

Cat back exhaust

Under belly armour

CB

Spots

Light bar

Fog LED's

Rock sliders

AEV fuel caddy

AEV rear view camera

Like I said, all finished (cough) [emoji3]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Fontrunner slimline short rack arrived today, knocked up the tray, champing at the bit to get it fitted....very impressed with the quality.

Did a test run earlier with Fridge, a full load of gear and the oztents. 

You were right Andy,  that weight is putting enough load to knock off the 1/2 inch or so of rake....

Will get some pictures up at the weekend.

Chief Cable Tie Engineer.

I've just taken delivery of the same rack for my roof tent, Glad the quality is good :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

If you are like me Chris you will appreciate the series of cards signed by the person who packed each bag...nice touch.

If you are like me Chris you will appreciate the series of cards signed by the person who packed each bag...nice touch.

Certainly would appreciate the attention to quality and detail, Unfortunately I won't see any of it as I had it shaped straight to Paul at PB customs to fit for me, Hopefully be on before I collect the Jeep for Slindon later in the week :mdr:

• Platinum Member

2f14f8e37dcc7ae868ac832b501bb740.jpg

Short rack fitted.  Really impressed with the fit and finish...chose to flip it and run a low profile. Zero noise and sting as an on...

• Platinum Member

Made an absolute mess of the Jeep and the garage during fitting.  Taking a 22m drill saw to the roof of a 65 plate jeep takes a certain something...

Very nice Steve , mines going on next week along with the roof tent and electrics in the roof tent! Will be just like home !

• Platinum Member

f9952cf8da545d22226062125fa8fa32.jpg

22mm cuts...measure 15 times cut...wait, measure 11 more times and close eyes. Seriously, cutting the gel coat on a roof with less than 600 miles on it.  My bum ring was the size of a pin head...

I know the feeling,I must have measured 50 times before cutting my bonnet for the snorkel !

• Platinum Member

1" break over clearance...almost like it was planned!

Well done Steve :great:

Are you saying it still fits in the garage with the roof rack in place?? If so, that really is impressive planning ...

• Platinum Member

Well done Steve :great:

Are you saying it still fits in the garage with the roof rack in place?? If so, that really is impressive planning ...

It does Kerry...

I had resigned myself to needing a new door based purely on the raw maths. 

Of course the springs and tyres need to be fitted before you actually know final ride height; I kind of wish now I had gone for the slightly taller lift.  Another project for another day me thinks.

I am fitting a sectional door later on in the year anyway for security purposes.  The two plastic tabs that secure an up and over door are comical...

I know I have already said this but drilling 16 22mm holes in the roof is seriously bloody scary but the results are fantastic.  I was on the fence for some time about the short rack, I finally convinced myself after a good chat with Andy at Jeepey along with stumbling across a great thread on AEV-conversions.com. 

Almost went the roll cage type of rack route...so glad I didn't.

• Platinum Member

This is the AEV build thread, really good read and a current, ongoing build.  I am going to try and match it.

The guy has fitted ARB spots and driving lights, I am not a fan of the red rings however he has colour coded them so I am now pretty much sold.  Going to try and see a set fitted and working first though.