Hello from a Newbie....

TazMann

• Platinum Member

Hi all,

Just registered today  :zozz_newbie:

I have owned my Jeep GC WJ since September 2014. Its a 4.7 V8. Still in stock trim bar a set of General Grabber AT's.

Registered here as I am now looking to lift her a little and do a little light'ish offroading.

Based in Birmingham UK.

Taz

• Platinum Member

Hi and welcome from me too. Interested to know what mpg you get from your GC? My XJ 4.0 has the same tyres and does about 19mpg average. I used to get just over 20 with road tyres but they're no fun! I mainly do short journeys.

• Platinum Member

Iain, The run to work and back is 12 miles, into and out of Birmingham City Center, I average 15 mpg doing that journey :gasp: However, we do motorway and longer runs in her and she averages about 21 mpg then :)

I am seriously thinking of having the LPG conversion fitted, but if i go down that route i will need to get either a roof crate for the Spare or a rear bumper mounted swing away carrier. Not managed to find the latter though in this country yet.

Nelson, I love the colour of the Jeep, Missus TazMann though isn't keen, but then she don't drive it, its all mine.

• Platinum Member

Hi tazman

Thanks for the message and welcome yourself

Cheers paul

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Not too much of one :hijacked: I have converted mine to LPG, The only negative is the loss of space having the spare lashed down in the 'boot'. When I got a puncture last month I was so glad I hadn't taken the option of keeping the spare on the roof. It is a tad heavy, and the way the rest of the day had gone I would probably have knocked myself out getting it down!  So I just remind myself how much cheaper gas is over petrol.

• Platinum Member

We have two Huskies so the option of putting the spare in the boot wont be there for me. Hence the swing away bumper mounted carrier. How does your Jeep perform on LPG? Any issues?

• Platinum Member

While hugging a large tree.......no problems atall.  Lpg is supposed to generate less MPG but I found that the difference is only 2-4 mpg difference so not worth fretting over.  I travel over to Ireland quite a bit so a fair mixture of motorway and B and C roads and it trundles along quite happily. As you are just up the road (distance is relative), and mine is a bit older, but if you fancy meeting up in the new year to see how mine runs just let me know.

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the offer. I am just waiting on a few decisions to be made at work. I could end up having to travel further for work hence the LPG conversion then being required. As soon as i know we will have to meet up :) I regularly travel to Cambridge for work, but not in the Jeep, that would need a fuel tanker in front LOL

Once again thanks  :happy: