Starting out advice

Christian

• Platinum Member

Afternoon

I’m looking for some advice on what I should concentrate on moving forward in term of modifications and improvements.

Have spent the last 21 months renovating the house and building the extension I now want to turn some attention and funds to the JK.

So far I’ve added a 2.5"lift / Disconnects & and front skid plate from rough country, An AEV font bumper (had to modify the Rough Country skid plate to work with it, but looks great). It’s still on the original 18 Rims with 33" tyres M/T Federal Cougira

I’ve got a CB Cobra 75, not yet fitted and some front control arm skids that again still need to fit.

I want to build it up as a very capable (not that it already isn’t) overland rig, something that I can do long journeys in and handle some rough green lands and off-road tracks.

I’m wanting to know what I should be concernrating on, any help advice and experience will be appreciated.

• Platinum Member

I would get some training and some offroad time in and learn to get 100% out of what you already have first. You'll be amazed what it can do without throwing any more cash at it.

• Platinum Member

Yeah after a few easish green lane trips that came to find, i have a friend hows in the mountain rescue and he has had some serious training given me some tips but i as you've mentioned some off road training will probably change my mind on a lot of things.

Im booked on to Yarwell and really looking forward to it, also booked on the Kielder trip.

Guest grey thunder

Yeah after a few easish green lane trips that came to find, i have a friend hows in the mountain rescue and he has had some serious training given me some tips but i as you've mentioned some off road training will probably change my mind on a lot of things.

Im booked on to Yarwell and really looking forward to it, also booked on the Kielder trip.

Hi Amos ...I'm a qualified lantra instructor and will be giving some friendly advice at yarwell on recovery and driving training ..showing people the correct way to use hill decent as well as low box ....

I would be happy to spend time with any body who would like some help ...

I'm also bringing a set of 35 and 33 snow chains to show how to fit them correctly and for club members to have a go with  :wav2

• Platinum Member

Kielders awesome, done it twice now, beautiful countryside and good lanes. There's an abandoned quarry they take you to that's a lot of fun.