ABS problem finally sorted.

Rolf

• Platinum Member

Well had a good morning so far. Some of you may remember that I had an issue with my ABS sensors in the summer, well this is the final closure.  The problem had turned out to be a worn hub, so as part of the rebuild if my front axle I decided to fit 2 new hubs. Well this only made matters worse, the ABS kicked in every time a pushed the brake, the only way to

Make it driveable was to disconnect one of the sensors. I had it connected to the software diagnostic tool and all that could tell me was that one wheel was going faster than the other but not which one. I went back to Bennets who I got the Blueprint hubs from and they were brilliant. The ordered me 2 new hubs under warranty and having just fitted them the problem is now solved. Happy man again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Just to add, lesson learnt, my local parts supplier can supply most parts, and they survive on service so if the part is wrong it is easy to return hassle free.

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Ok, so 3 months on my abs problems are back, any fresh ideas out there? 

• Platinum Member

Good shout there but I think the problem is on the front left wheel as when the abs kicks in the brakes grab to the right.

• Platinum Member

The scan only shows that one side is not reading the same as the other, but no fault.