AEV diff cover

Guest grey thunder

Guest grey thunder

Beautiful sunny day I'm Yorkshire , so changing the diff covers was the 1st job of the day ..easy job to do on the drive with basic skill level .

Oil was in good condition considering dozer has done some deep water crossing since I purchased her ..

1st job on front was to remove steering damper then cover bolts and the aev spacer ring ,  then clean face of axle ,fresh mastic and reinstall in reverse order but this time the spacer has to go between axle face and diff.

The rear is very simple remove bolts clean face and replace , and that's it ..

The cover have two fill level holes one for the front and a higher level one for the rear on top of the cover is a large Inspection hole for filling and gear inspection, it's large enough to able to get a dial gauge in .

20151101_121629.thumb.jpg.cdf560a40e9114f9efe62580508f1d3d.jpg

20151101_122732.thumb.jpg.179ac1be16c4318f486212c4a897a285.jpg

20151101_124855.thumb.jpg.59a57f2796caa76a9a5c22043768d4ae.jpg

20151101_162801.thumb.jpg.4ecc1ed7c83f7a7372563a619b35bd18.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Beautiful sunny day I'm Yorkshire , so changing the diff covers was the 1st job of the day ..easy job to do on the drive with basic skill level .

Oil was in good condition considering dozer has done some deep water crossing since I purchased her ..

1st job on front was to remove steering damper then cover bolts and the aev spacer ring ,  then clean face of axle ,fresh mastic and reinstall in reverse order but this time the spacer has to go between axle face and diff.

The rear is very simple remove bolts clean face and replace , and that's it ..

The cover have two fill level holes one for the front and a higher level one for the rear on top of the cover is a large Inspection hole for filling and gear inspection, it's large enough to able to get a dial gauge in .

How long did this take you Bob?