GC Summit - 8 Months on

C6REW

• Platinum Member

Hi All,

Nearly 8 months have gone by since I bought the Summit from new.

Trim was sorted as mentioned previously.

The rear number plate has slipped where it was not put on correctly. Waiting for the first service as it is quite a trek to see them just for that.

Currently just under 10,000 miles

Averaging about 32 - 34 mpg and can fairly easily get that to 37 on a run, which is excellent.

Amazingly I still don't have the air tickets to New York! Apparently Jeep UK sent me an email with details and because I didn't respond they assumed I didn't want them and the offer expired! Errrm, I don't think so. That is probably the worst excuse for failing to sort it out that I have come across. Firstly I look after all the emails in the company so would have seen the email even if it ended up in a spam folder. Secondly, do they really believe that someone would not want the tickets!

Shame really, so far it is the only thing that annoys me. The car is still going exceptionally well. I don't drive it as much as I have used my car in the past as the motorhome gets used for long business trips, but the miles still seem to clock up!

Hopefully if things calm down at work, I might get to see you guys at a future meet.

Best regards

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Hi Chris, I am new and proud owner of a GC Summit which I picked up last month from Poole.

I noticed you mentioning 32-34 mpg. Although I have only clocked up 320miles (from new) my average mpg is 20-21 mpg.

I have 30miles on the M27 but was not getting more than 22mpg? Am I doing something wrong.

The Eco button is enabled and AC turned off.

Cheers

Bal

• Platinum Member

That does not sound good Bal, picking mine up Saturday morning and trading in my 12 plate gc that does 30+ mpg all day long, part of the reason I am going for the new one is more economy and cheaper tax.

Noticed the demonstrator I test drove had 600 miles on the clock and was returning 27mpg in city traffic. Try resetting the economy meter and go for a Sunday drive style long ride out at the weekend and see if it improves.

Jason.

• Platinum Member

Going to mention something that might be totally wrong, and please excuse the ignorance because I do not own a GC, but I remember that with the Wrangler, Jeep stated you need to drive around 8 to 12 thousand miles until the computer adjusts to your driving style. I remember something along the lines of "it seems the engine was all of sudden alive!"

Maybe you want to have a look into this...

Hugo

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Sorry for the late reply, been a busy time for the business.

The mpg has improved since I first got it and I have also double checked that it is accurate by doing a manual check.

Spoke to a friend who is the Sales Manager at Jeep in Swindon and he has a customer who comfortably achieves 38+ on his work journey!

I am fairly heavy footed but am also not into throwing a 4 x 4 around. It is one of the reasons I enjoy driving a 4 x 4 over my Wife's BMW which has a 0 - 62 of 4.7 seconds. Makes you want to put your foot down all the time!

As an update, I have now contacted Jeep directly and still don't have the airline tickets. But they are trying to get to the bottom of it, well so they say!

Almost 12,000 so will be booking in for the first service next week.

Regards

Chris

• Platinum Member

Just a quick note if anyone is looking for Grand Cherokee Summit mud flaps as jeep strangely don't make them, try Husky Liners on ebay bought a full set for around £80 delivered from the states and fitted them to my new Summit as I was not happy with mud and chippings whipped up from our winter roads on my new pride and joy!

Very happy with the fit and not too bad to install but you do have to drill into the plastic skirt on the front set.

WP_20151229_001.thumb.jpg.30f1e3e3f298d431d4e5561ee67dd25c.jpg

WP_20151229_002.thumb.jpg.eb7ff1346e1033a0bc9e9552b224f6a0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member

Great idea Jason,

Post a link to where you got them.

Additional photos of the drilling at the front would be good as well.

The car does get dirty very quickly with spray coming off the wheels and I have at least one scratch down the side coming from a stone.

Regards

Chris