I'm. having seriously bad luck with radiators!

benjamin

• Platinum Member

First of all I bought my tj and a few days later realised it was leaking from the rad. .. no problem bought new rad .. they sent wrong rad sent it back then they sent me a new one that started leaking after a few days got a replacement it was fine for a few weeks now it's leaking again. Not gonna bother with the original supplier now I'm just gonna cut my losses and get one from somewhere else. Surely 2 faulty radiators is not normal? Fingers crossed for the next one. I'm wondering if maybe I'm getting stones damaging them behind the grill but I can't see any evidence of that the odd fly but nothing more. I wondered if they could be over pressurizing or something but it's supposed to blow off at 1.1 bar. Or if they are corroding from Inside.

Any thoughts? ??

• Platinum Member

Wheres the damage, when mine new one leaked at the bottom at the join between the ally and the plastic when I was out playing, it turned out to be a knackered engine mount allowing the engine to lift and so pulling on the bottom of the rad.

• Platinum Member

I'm. Getting them from.some muppet on e bay they are all . aluminium so thought they would be better the the plastic crimped ones but turns out I was wrong

I'm sure there must be another cause here we will.see when the new one is fitted next week I guess

• 2 months later...

I'm. Getting them from.some muppet on e bay they are all . aluminium so thought they would be better the the plastic crimped ones but turns out I was wrong

I'm sure there must be another cause here we will.see when the new one is fitted next week I guess

I'm looking for a new rad, would be interested to hear how you got on?

0||||||0  Jeep Wrangler TJ 2002

Got mine from Fast Rads been in about 6 months OK so far.

I don't suppose you mind me asking how much?

Advanced radiators do one for just shy of £100 but is for left hand drive, the rhd one is nearly double just because the brackets are on opposite sides!!

0||||||0  Jeep Wrangler TJ 2002

• Platinum Member

There's two rads for my WJ £86 or £118 luckily mine was the cheaper.

Just go to the website and put your reg in and get the price.

Fast delivery as well.

• Platinum Member

Hi

just to let you know that with some of the rads (nissan The maker that is not the truck) ones i think)

you can switch the mounting plates side to side

if that helps

• Platinum Member

In all honesty pay a little more and get the mopar radiator, had so many aftermarket rads on so many different vehicles that have failed. Eventually bit the bullet and fitted mopar and had no more issues.