Lookers Jeep, Cardiff

kevinfourlegs

• Platinum Member
kevinfourlegs

Can I do a shout out for Tony Grimas, sales executive at Lookers Jeep, Cardiff. He was brilliant from start to finish. Tony didn't try to push me for extras or go for a higher spec model than I wanted. He listened to what I wanted and I got what I asked for, no pressure. Tony was also very patient as I had an unfortunate hiccup along the way.

My Jeep Renegade is on the motability scheme, so I have it for the next three years. I would like another Renegade after this one.

• Platinum Member

We just purchased our JKU from them & they gave us a good deal (after major haggling & to/frowing from me)

We dealt with Justin at first & then Luke.

Luke even arranged for a free of charge  loan car for us whilst awaiting delivery of the JK.

Once the Jeep arrived he even got our Mud Tyres fitted before hand over, again at no cost.

I don't think they sell that many Wranglers & my product knowledge left them baffled at times.

One week into ownership we noticed PS Fluid leaking & they swiftly dealt with the problem & we had a loan of the Sales Managers JKU (exact same Black Edition as ours). Nikki on the service desk was great.

As with all large dealerships they are very busy at times but always phoned back as promised.

:great: :great: :great:

• Platinum Member
Renegade Pete

Well, what can I say. Unfortunately, I agree that when we first purchased the vehicle, the Sales Guys were excellent.

We wanted to purchase a new Jeep Renegade and we knew the spec required for our use. the Salesman was Mathew Holbrook and along with the Sales Manager (then) Luke Lloyd went through everything carefully advising us of the options that best suited us. They were great and most of all trustworthy!

Consequently we went ahead and purchased the vehicle best suited to us.

Subsequently we were contacted by another Salesman Justin Davies who had replaced Mathew who had taken up a sales position with another dealer, sad loss. However Justin was also great and despite a few glitches regarding date and time of collection, went out of his way to make everything good, box of chocolates for the wife, 3/4 tank of fuel, and other things. So far so good.

After that everything went downhill!!

When we got home we found the Spare wheel and Jack etc we purchased as an optional extra was missing. We phoned Justin and he said he would sort it out.

That was 3 weeks ago and we have heard nothing since. I have sent e-mails, but had no replies whatsoever. I have made phone calls and as you say the Receptionist is great, friendly and chatty. Unfortunately, I have never had any returned phone calls. There are other shortcomings, probably due to the workshops being so busy, which I've sorted myself. And I'm still waiting to hear about the spare wheel!

• Platinum Member
Renegade Pete

Following on from my first blog, all is now well.  :

I phoned again last Thursday and the receptionist was very apologetic about my not receiving the wheel, and not being contacted. Justin was in the yard when I phoned, but promised she would get him to phone me ASAP. Within 10mins I had a reply from Justin. The wheel was in the stores and ready for collection. Justin had been away on leave and there was a mix-up.

In fairness, they are all extremely busy, Sales/Workshops/Stores, due to the high volume of Jeep sales, but Justin said to give him a day and time to suit me for collecting the wheel, and they would fit me in. 

They are definitely the dealership to use!

And I need to be a lot more patient.

• 3 months later...