Jeep Owners Club Event at Yarwell near Peterborough November 28th 2015

stewart

• Platinum Member

Hi all I only joined couple of weeks ago but am really interested in attending this event I have a totally standard jeep kJ though and am wondering if this will be ok ? Don't want to be totally out of my depth ha ha thanks for any advice.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• Chrisby

• The Green Goblin

• Christian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Platinum Member

Hi all I only joined couple of weeks ago but am really interested in attending this event I have a totally standard jeep kJ though and am wondering if this will be ok ? Don't want to be totally out of my depth ha ha thanks for any advice.

It will be nice to see more KJ at these events, at this moment the count is 3. We will look after you and make sure you have fun on the day.

My JK was in for some mods for the last event at Yarwell so I spent a lot of time driving the Jeep UK cars around the place, Standard Renegade and Cherokee , Booth did very well even on road tyres! No problem for standard vehicle plenty of tracks suitable :great:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Steward,

Please add me to the list I am coming 100%, will pay later.

Fil.

Payment made today.

• Platinum Member

Im hoping to get this, got to try and move a work trip to the week before in stead should know next week.

• Platinum Member

It will be nice to see more KJ at these events, at this moment the count is 3. We will look after you and make sure you have fun on the day.

Yeah I'm going to be booking place mate time to get her muddy ha ha

• Platinum Member

Hi Stewart, I have a non modified Wrangler unlimited 4 door, road tyres. Is my vehicle suitable for this site? I'd like to come but don't want to get in the way of the experts!

Thanks

Mel

• Platinum Member

Hi Stewart, I have a non modified Wrangler unlimited 4 door, road tyres. Is my vehicle suitable for this site? I'd like to come but don't want to get in the way of the experts!

Thanks

Mel

Hiya Mel and welcome to the club  :wav1,

Ok i know your question isn't addressed to me but i can help you by jumping in, i did the Yarwell site when we went in February,

You will be fine with a standard JKU as there are many different routes you can take around the site,

As Grey Thunder explains in an earlier post (page 2)on this thread a standard JKU is a very capable vehicle,

Plus there wil be many there to help and advise you, i can't make this visit but have a chat with 1 of the team there and they will be happy to help you out with anything your unsure about.  :great:

• Platinum Member

Just paid. Standard 1997 TJ - not as many horses as it used to have but looking forward to the day! Phill.

• Platinum Member
kevinfourlegs

Unfortunately I have health issues and getting shaken up off road is no good for my joints, as I explained to Stewart and he suggested that I just turn up and chew the fat with other members. However, it has also been suggested that I may be able to do some off roading that is not too difficult. As I only have a 4x2 Renegade on standard rubber, I don't want to do anything that will punish my joints or get my Renegade stuck. Is Yarwell suitable for 4x4s only?

Guest grey thunder

Unfortunately I have health issues and getting shaken up off road is no good for my joints, as I explained to Stewart and he suggested that I just turn up and chew the fat with other members. However, it has also been suggested that I may be able to do some off roading that is not too difficult. As I only have a 4x2 Renegade on standard rubber, I don't want to do anything that will punish my joints or get my Renegade stuck. Is Yarwell suitable for 4x4s only?

There are some tracks you could have a go at..I'm sure you would enjoy your time on or around the tracks .

If you fancy a ride around give me a shout and I'll take you for a gentle run out in jku,R.. :great:

• Platinum Member
kevinfourlegs

There are some tracks you could have a go at..I'm sure you would enjoy your time on or around the tracks .

If you fancy a rude around give me a shout and I'll take you for a gentle run out in jku,R.. :great:

Thank you for the offer :great: :icon_cool:  I may take you up on that. I will see how I feel on the day. Something for me to look forward to  :icon_cool:

• Platinum Member

I'm intending coming and a friend wants to come with his new JK Sahara -does he need to sign up to Jeep Club first or can I just purchase 2 tickets and we turn up?