Routes

jocadmin

• Platinum Member

Some members have asked for the routes of some of the trips we do.

Unfortunately we are unable to supply these routes to members. you can appreciate these routes take alot of planning and checking, If we pass them on it is inevitable that they will make there way to a larger audience and we will lose them.

I personally did pass 1 route on once and this route is now used by a large club 2 or 3 times yearly with 20 4x4s at a time split into groups of 5 but that irrelevant really, some of the lanes have been wrecked.

Sorry for this but hope you all understand we want to keep these routes for the benefit of the club, routes that are popular will be regularly run. Please always post in the discussions if you want a trip run.

obviously we cant prevent people from tracing routes but hope you understand our reasons of concerns.

many thanks for your understanding.

• Platinum Member

I also agree,

The other thing is if you do track the routes you need to be wary that sometimes routes may be closed without warning and if your caught driving these routes your Jeep can be confiscated  :icon_e_surprised:

Best to leave it to those in the know  :great: 

• 1 year later...
  • Platinum Member

I totally agree with what has been said prior but have had a thought, as the JOC have events where 4x4 off road techniques are taught could there be similar type of event on route planning ideally I think this would be very small group say "1 professor to 2 students." Just a thought but it may also increase the number and type of events available. For myself I have a millstone called a wife who does not like the idea of our only car being damaged so I am limited as to what I can do!

• Platinum Member
Stew the Jeep

Investing in OS maps is a start Some counties even have them on their council web sites

• Platinum Member

The other thing is if you do track the routes you need to be wary that sometimes routes may be closed without warning and if your caught driving these routes your Jeep can be confiscated  :icon_e_surprised:

Which is why i always submit my proposed routes to the County Council ROW officer.

a) They can provide feedback on any closures/restrictions before the run.

b) You've also 'got it in writing' (the ROW reply email) if there is any question while on the run.

c) Serves to make you look like a responsible off-roader.