P$£!%d off or rather hacked off

Rolf

• Platinum Member

Sitting on the side of the A14 with the missus after my jeep dumped all of its water in a hurry. I feel an expensive repair coming. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Sorry to here that, not nice.

I'm sure you meant "hacked off" btw, in case the forum police comes round.

Hope you get sorted, normally Jeeps have water coming in, not going out!

• Platinum Member

Sorry, just feeling hacked off more because the missus and I do not get a day without the children very often and this was not how we had planned to spend it.

Sorry, just feeling hacked off more because the missus and I do not get a day without the children very often and this was not how we had planned to spend it.

Sorry to hear Rofl, hope you both get home ok.

Know the feeling regarding kid free time, our last kid free time we spent putting up a new shed, not even our shed!

Account_Deleted_02

Nice idea to wring out the floor mats to fill the rad back up. Maybe it all been a design feature and a water harvesting exercise all along!

Rough day thou.  Feel for you Rolf.

• Platinum Member

Not sure if I am happier now or even more hacked off, got back to my local garage, found the cooling system completly dry so refilled and ran, no problems, took it out for a couple of hard taest drives and still no problems so have ended up driving home, whats that all about???????????

I am planning to go to Wales next weekend, do I trust it or not??

Any thought welcomed.

Account_Deleted_02

I'm thinking failed or failing impellor on water pump as that's the symptoms we had with a new beetle. From reading up online, this might be worth exploring though.

"If you cannot find the leak but still experience coolant loss you may want to check the radiator cap under pressure.  A weak spring inside the cap the will cause coolant loss through the the overflow or expansion tank.  Caps must seal around the top lip on the radiator neck and hold vacuum as well, otherwise coolant will never be recovered from the overflow tank. If the system can’t hold pressure, coolant will boil in the cylinder head and next to the cylinder walls, forming vapor bubbles, and the engine will quickly overheat."

• Platinum Member

Guys, your thoughts are much appreciated, I will work through them over the next couple of days.