Few JK update photos

Chrisby

• Platinum Member

If it was about what we needed, I guess 99% of people would be driving a Fiesta or focus, this just comes down to what we like as much as anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Owners generally arrive at fitting a lift kit because they want to go with a larger tyre than what a standard height vehicle can take.

Whether people always need a lift kit or larger tyres for that matter is questionable but it is quite the same as saying do people really need jeeps to drive down the local green lanes or to the shops, when a dacia duster would suffice.

Its a case of if you want it and can have it and also find a use for it then why not lift it  :icon_e_biggrin:

Nail on the head !! Its the old "need, want, afford, justify" debate that never ends with Jeeps  :icon_mrgreen:

BTW Alex payment just made for my completely unjustifiable wheels/tyres that I don't need and can only just about afford but want cos they look awesome  :mdr: Thanks 

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

So maybe I will get the same bug one day, thanks for the answers.

• 2 months later...

Ok so a few more bits done today on the JKU at PB Customs ( I've acted as apprentice :mdr: )

New HD +300KG heavy duty OME springs

JW Speaker Headlights fitted.

And a new PB customs Panel protection Kit :great:

Few more Jobs on the horizon....

Warn Zeon 10 Platinum winch

LED light to illuminate the winch spool for use at night

LED spotlights on the bumper

Full Stereo upgrade with NAV and Phone kit

Stainless Exhaust and Re-Map

Should all be done ahead of Christmas if I / Paul at PB can make time :rofl:

924905f56c4936f3d1c3f067c2135341.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Platinum Member

Is it a custom stainless exhaust or  stock replacement ?

Mines a 2007 build used since 2009  so planning ahead & wondering on what the the options are 

• Platinum Member
Tony Bennett

What are the HD springs like over stock please?

Did you put them on as an offset to any added weight or to change the ride?

Is it a custom stainless exhaust or  stock replacement ?

Mines a 2007 build used since 2009  so planning ahead & wondering on what the the options are

Having a custom build one made, Only way to get what I want sound and clearance wise :great:

What are the HD springs like over stock please?

Did you put them on as an offset to any added weight or to change the ride?

They performed perfectly over 800 miles on and off road over the weekend. A little stiffer than the standard OME ones that came with the lift kit but stopped the bottoming out.

Due to having heavy sound deadening , Roof rack, Roof tent, Heavy wheel and tyre on a very heavy steel bumper and tyre carrier along filling it with stuff for weekends away off road I was having issues with the standard springs wallowing etc. These are rated for +300 constant load so work perfectly. Rear sits about 2" higher but will bed in I would expect.

Apparently the only ones ARB have sold to the UK for a JK.

Really please with them :great:

• 4 months later...

After being quite hard on the JK recently its time to upgrade the few stock parts that have not been replaced so far.

Firstly as I snapped my Sway Bar links on Salisbury (Stupidly didn't disconnect them!) so OME/Arbil replacements front and rear.

Both steering bar and drag links were starting to show signs of wear so a great time to upgrade them to something a bit more heaven duty, After looking around and seeing what out there settled on the Teraflex HD Tie Rod and Drag Link kit. Along with being a huge amount stronger this also allows me to flip the steering damper  :great:

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/54d565388ca57b6ef9ef9980

Also was having some clunking from the Propshafts when in 4 Low, So replaced the CV's on the Proshaft's with the Teraflex Rzeppa High Angle kits. Specifically helps with +3" lifted jeeps to stop failures with he higher prop angles.

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/55c3f57205a25c5bb1173c17

Next is a set of Rivel underbody protection panels and a new LED bar for revearsing  :glasses:

IMG_1664.thumb.JPG.38a1460fbc65e919e2a71c951bedb80b.JPG

IMG_1666.thumb.JPG.4fb42d0f7a90b861ce3eb747f166f8a7.JPG

IMG_1665.thumb.JPG.eedfe268e4bbc8add26dd3d9e6b0c58f.JPG

IMG_1667.thumb.JPG.a424ef68c25ab2d6b7fd87b20504eb4b.JPG

• Platinum Member

I have the Teraflex steering, tie rod and draglink for about a year and a half now and I am quite happy with it!

Yes Daz, Same part for both LHD and RHD , But for RHD you need to flip the ball joints . They will do this for you if you ask but simple job to press them out and flip them.

Chris

• Platinum Member

"Also was having some clunking from the Propshafts when in 4 Low, So replaced the CV's on the Proshaft's with the Teraflex Rzeppa High Angle kits. Specifically helps with +3" lifted jeeps to stop failures with he higher prop angles."

When riding MOAB in November with AEV, some of the guys carry those Teraflex High Angle kits on board for when the OEM ones go and replaced one while we were there.

• 3 months later...

Got myself a little toy.......

Full dealer Diagnosis tool :mdr: .....

Thought it might make me a few friends lol

Actually its something we are dealers for so got it free, TEXA is about the best multi brand diagnosis tool used by most dealers (Boxed and called other things) Fully Jeep compliant going back many many years too , c84f59fe3f149292b878f744cab35153.jpgeb416bd6e94f95453e2007133787c835.jpg First thing on my list is tyre diameter change so my speedo works finally ! :mdr:

Unbelievable amount of coding and set up Wranglers, Not so much mine but Auto petrol models there is loads...

Unbelievable amount of coding and set up Wranglers, Not so much mine but Auto petrol models there is loads...

Can you set the lock on drive away on my 3.6 16 JK  :scratch:

My local Jeep dealer wants to book it in for the day, but I suppose that's what you get when you didn't buy it from them....

If the dealer unit can do it them this can, I'll take a look in the coding listings for your tomorrow but don't see it being and issue. I can always drop over one day when out on the bike, Harley Reading is  always good for a visit out your way.

If the dealer unit can do it them this can, I'll take a look in the coding listings for your tomorrow but don't see it being and issue. I can always drop over one day when out on the bike, Harley Reading is  always good for a visit out your way.

Harley Reading, that the one near showcase? The family won't let me stop when we go to the cinema.

Would be cool if you could, can offer refreshments  :glasses:

Yeah no worries Neal, always up for a ride out. Not been to Reading Harley for a while. Hands and wallet in pockets in there though, nice expensive things for sale :rofl:

Yeah no worries Neal, always up for a ride out. Not been to Reading Harley for a while. Hands and wallet in pockets in there though, nice expensive things for sale :rofl:

Nice shiny things parked on the forecourt from what I've seen. I can dream  :icon_geek: