Few JK update photos

Chrisby

Here's a few photos of the JK " in build "

ARB's front and rear.

Compressor for lockers and on board air. Switches in centre console.

Grill raptor bed lined

CB mounter in centre box.

4" OME lift

Re-built axles and gearing

New bestop front a rear bumpers, these have been raptor bedlinered to match the grill.

Only the new wheels and tyres to do when I get it back! :mdr:

e4c22c324b37cc97a72fdd0113624354.jpga09967070cd2876d18cd082a24cc57e9.jpgde2492392b1502fab1ebefb537ea8032.jpgd6f881511d810fdfe53b74b05bd0660d.jpgca6935eee05ba5909ff1e2586c9c76d2.jpg7e17969eda6abdd5cdfdf3eabb6e0cdb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its all far to easy George when it's someone else doing the work! :great:

Account_Deleted_02

Chris,

I'm liking the build.  Going to be worth the wait to see it all finished on new boots too.

Thanks Graham/Bob, I'm sure I'll be 100% happy with it, just the side steps/rock sliders that aren't sorted yet.  Hopefully they'll be done as soon as I'm back from my holiday, just awaiting on them being made and shipped from the U.S. Wheels and tyres ready in my workshop ready to fit as soon as I get it back :mdr:

Wise move.......going on holiday and coming back to it all being finished  :glasses:

Looking really good Chris.  :great:

• Platinum Member

Looking forward to seeing the finished article ...

That is one seriously impressive JK you are creating Chris :great:

• Platinum Member

I just want to see the terrain that you are going to use to test this on as this is going to be one unstoppable jeep.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coming back Thursday next week :mdr: won't get to drive it or do anything with it as I'm in Dublin next week then off on Holiday for a few weeks  :grrrrrr:  I'll be back  just in time for 2 JOC events in sept though  :mdr:

Knowing Chris, his Jeep will "never" be finished  :icon_e_wink:

Nothing is ever "finished" Jules!

I've already replaced some parts I only bought a month or so ago :rofl:

Roof rack and soft top next on the list when I'm back :mdr: oh and new stereo lol

Just like a house the only time it's finished is when you sell it!

• Platinum Member

Looking good Chris and some cool mods, likey  :glasses:

And there's no such thing as a "finished" Jeep just a "that's finished for the moment" Jeep  :icon_e_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work Chris does this mean you are joining us in Corica next year?

Maybe, got to see if I can fit it into the schedule . Lots to do and only 8 weeks to do it next year. Trying to get a NZ and Oz trip in plus a few weeks here in the canaries. And fit in somehow the Indy 500... All around work and SEMA etc

I really need to be retired ..... lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back and so collected the JK yesterday from Paul at PB Customs , I'm so pleased with it, looks great and his work and attention to detail really impressed me. He was a personal recommendation of another member and I am very grateful of the nudge in Paul's direction. I will be having him do all the work on my vehicles from now on.

The drive is now so smooth and quite since the axles were re-built and I can't wait to use the new ARB lockers and on board air.

New Bumpers and grill look great in Raptor Bedliner and the fabrication job Paul did on the rear number plate mount and both break and fog light is perfect. Fog light is LED and in the centre of the rear wheel so no annoying bolt ons!

Full dinitrol under seal and internal chassis seal looks great and all the wiring for the winch and CB have been re-done to and unbelievable high standard.

I really can't recommend Paul enough he really knows his stuff and has very high standards of work.

He'll be good for any modification work including regearing and axle work.

Ideally based centrally near to Peterborough.

Here's a few pics...... More to follow when it's not raining!

Just a few jobs for me to do now, fit winch plate and new rope, Fit side bars/rock sliders and new seat covers hopefully before the weekend, if it stops raining! Oh and the new wheels and tyres of course! 10ce851f4cc2b2eca95a528e82ba14dd.jpg9db83eb9b76eec611c930e6700b81c30.jpg711ab5ddd748d9b0149c0adb97cd2cd1.jpg79d4001c0a892229fdf65019c3919528.jpg75581deefa4169042cd1fc546e12ca28.jpg36f22bde6a6bf6aadc81762e72f1f2ee.jpg33f715a6aa032335c7e6688b0378bf4f.jpg8f195d37a3ab4601fcd529cddccc9497.jpg

• Platinum Member

Looks great Chris, must be good to get it back after so long off the road.

Looks great Chris, must be good to get it back after so long off the road.

Yeah is good to have her back, Could have had it back ages ago but holidays and I was in no rush as doing it right was more important this time :great: