My First Post + Questions

Gabbatek

• Platinum Member

Hey guys, just bought a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Auto from Horsham Jeep. Steel blue with 63k on the clock

Got a few problems and hoping you can help narrow it down

After the engine is nicely warm, and then i have let it cool down a few hours, when i start driving again, towards the end of first gear and maybe second gear i get a weird vibrating/grinding noise coming from the front middle or passanger side. Is this a gearbox or drivetrain problem?

Also, my car alarm keeps going off after i lock it, unless i do the 3 clicks on the key fob to deactivate the internal sensors, whats up with that?

And my final question, i want to get a box trailer for house and garden clearance, just wondered if the jeep can handle this?

maybe something like this or a little bigger

boxvan.jpg

• Administrators

Hey guys, just bought a 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Auto from Horsham Jeep. Steel blue with 63k on the clock

Got a few problems and hoping you can help narrow it down

After the engine is nicely warm, and then i have let it cool down a few hours, when i start driving again, towards the end of first gear and maybe second gear i get a weird vibrating/grinding noise coming from the front middle or passanger side. Is this a gearbox or drivetrain problem?

Also, my car alarm keeps going off after i lock it, unless i do the 3 clicks on the key fob to deactivate the internal sensors, whats up with that?

And my final question, i want to get a box trailer for house and garden clearance, just wondered if the jeep can handle this?

maybe something like this or a little bigger

boxvan.jpg

Hi Simon,

As you have just purchased from the dealer I speak to them first under Sale of Goods act?

Your JK can tow 3.5 Tonne with a braked trailer no problem !

• Platinum Member
chunkycyclist

I had a similar alarm issue and turned out the alarm back up battery was on its way out. It showed up on the codes as the internal movement sensor if i remember correctly. +1 with Stewart speak to dealer and ask them to solve/plug in and diagnose.

Hi Simon, welcome to the club.

Not sure if this will be a fix, but some JK owners have had alarm issues when leaving mobile phones in the glove box or centre console. This can cause the alarm to go off.

Speak to Horsham, they have always been a good dealer to use, as an number of us will testify to.

• Platinum Member

Thanks guys. I'll give them a call, but the thing is I live in a norwich, Norfolk. Drove to Horsham as this jku was an absolute bargain compared to all the others advertised locally, my local jeep,were selling similar with almost double the mileage with an extra 3k price tag. Luckily It comes with a years fiat warranty so will check it out.

Can anyone remember the way to get the error codes up with switching the key in the ignition im a certain order? I used to do it on my old Jeep Patriot.

• Platinum Member

Hi simon.

Not sure if it will work on your jeep, but on my 04 TJ i need to switch the ignition on three times in pretty quick succession to have any error code appear.

Hi simon.

Not sure if it will work on your jeep, but on my 04 TJ i need to switch the ignition on three times in pretty quick succession to have any error code appear.

Same process on the JK

• 3 months later...