Jeep AOC Chambon sur Lac 1-2 & 3 May 2015

stewart

• Administrators

Would you like to form a group and show our support for the Jeep AOC in France this May?

[smg id=1531 type=preview align=center width=600]

The programme for the 3 days :

Thursday:

- Registration at Office du Tourisme of St Nectaire from 16:00 (for early arrivals)

Friday:

- Registration

- Tripes (pork Bellie bits) in the village square of Chambon s/Lac

- Exhibition / Salon at La Plantade in the village square of Chambon s/Lac

- In the evening Welcome drink at Village hall of Chambon s/Lac with Live music.

Saturday:

- Kangourou (slang word for local cold meat plate with fresh bread) at the church square of Murol.

- Exhibition / Salon at La Plantade in the village square of Chambon s/Lac

Around 17:00 Big prize draw followed by a Night drive.

Sunday:

- As a Starter or "Amuse gueule" (mise en bouche) all the Jeeps will follow the leading Jeep via tracks and lanes to the top of the Hills to get

a well deserved Aperitif and then will drive back to meet all for The Banquet Auvergnat !!

During the 3 Days of this meeting:

Off road drives with Road book / Guided Drives  / Drives reserved to older Jeep models / Drives for all models (without mods)

- Off Road workshops and Rooden Rock 9th Challenge (only for heavily modified trucks!)

-  Panoramic drive of the "Sancy Tour".  This drive does not include any off roading but it is a Road book drive that is intended to show to the visitors the beauty of the surrounding area.

So please take your time and do not hesitate to stop in villages for lunch breaks and refreshments.

- Entertainments, Bars, restaurants on site and in all the surrounding villages.

How much will it cost?:

€85 Euros for 1 Jeep + Driver and 35 Euros per passengers (under 12 years old are free). You can pre register But CASH only on the day

If you have a French bank account you can pre register and pay before 15th April 60 Euros for 1 Jeep + Driver and 30 Euros per passengers. But it must be a FRENCH Cheque!

Where is the event?

63790 Murol France Chambon sur Lac, 45km South West of Clermont-Ferrand.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/63790+Murol,+France/@45.5598938,2.8994286,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x47f7a0a19ad36993:0x1c093cb3290e6f80

Attendees :

[*]kingrolo

[*]doodle

[*]Wildjeeper62

[*]Savman

[*]Moses Alexanian

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

[*]

• Platinum Member

Sounds great :) Put me down. 1 Jeep + 2.5 people.  :icon_flower:

What are people doing about accommodation? No doubt there's camp sites in the area and B&Bs?

• Platinum Member

Hi,

Already going, reserved ferry crossing, hotel room,  B&B etc just gotta fill in form for them... :great: Put me down and Girlie.

• Platinum Member

Hi Peter,

I will be going from Sunday 26 April so I won't be driving down there with you guys but I will be on site to show you around.

As for accommodation there is a local Camp site with either mobile homes or cabins with heating. I wouldn't take the chance to sleep in a tent because the weather in the mountains changes very quickly. Two years ago we had 23 degrees at beginning of the week and 5in of snow with minus 4 degrees during the weekend !!

Here is the link with all details of the nice camp site close to the lake:

http://www.france-voyage.com/campings/camping-chambon-sur-lac-47050.htm

• Platinum Member

Below are links to various other campsites in the locality that might be of interest:

http://www.camping-les-bombes.com/

http://www.campingauvergne.com/

http://www.les-fougeres.com/

http://www.domaine-du-marais.com/

http://www.domaine-lac-chambon.fr/

Both Les Fougeres and Camping Le Domaine du Marais usually have a nice big Jeep sign outside showing that they welcome folk attending the event.  All are very well placed as the event is spread over a number of locations around Lac Chambon.

If need be I can cobble together a list of hotels or similar, just let me know  :great:

Leigh

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the info Chris. Given the distance I'm pretty sure we'll be making at least a week of it too. Either driving down early or coming back later. Good tip on the unpredictable weather; we'll get ourselves a cabin or something.

• Platinum Member

Ladies & gents,

Don't forget to bring with you your driving License  (complete), your insurance certificate and your DVLA Log Book. Sometime they ask for the Log book sometime they don't. I've been told that they ask to see the Carte Grise of French registered Jeeps as they have a list of registration of stolen vehicles. Since our Jeeps are all registered in GB they can't really check anything but just in case.

• Platinum Member

You will also need to take your test certificate (MOT) as you need all your documentation when driving through France.  The French police can require to see all documentation and can get very 'picky' if you do not have it all.  With Interpol access they can check all sorts of things, documentation, outstanding warrants etc, whether they do or not is a matter for them at the time.  Just so you are aware. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Moses Alexanian

:icon_geek:i will be coming 100%with one passenger

let me know for how to pay advance. thanks moses

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

:icon_geek:i will be coming 100%with one passenger

let me know for how to pay advance. thanks moses

Hello Moses,

You can't pay in advance if you haven't got a french bank account because they do not accept foreign cheques. But no worries pm me your mobile number and I will give you mine (Tel number not my bank account number !  :icon_lol:). Give me a call when you arrive as I will be there already and I will take you to the office to register your Jeep and passenger. Make sure you have Euros with you because they don't take foreign currencies either.

The cost will be 85 Euros per Jeep + Pilot and 35 Euros per passenger.

PS: This is also applicable to everybody else going there. You don't have to contact me if you don't want to but I am happy to help.

And it will only cost you a pint ! Lol 

Scan_Chambon_2015_Registration_Form.thumb.jpg.7b9cc1ae19f154ad3a898767020c7275.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Member
Moses Alexanian

hi wildjeeper my mobile is 07984574700 i will be coming tuesday 30th of  have not booked any accommodation and also don't know the location can you give me some hint how to get there and when and where to book b&b best regards moses

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Hi Moses.

If you look back at this thread we posted quite few links of places for accommodation in the area.

All you need to do is to email them.

Cheers

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • Platinum Member

Just wanted to bump this thread. Any last minute takers?  :glasses:

• Administrators

Unfortunately my Jeep is  at last in for having it's repairs done on the bodywork ! Have been waiting on AEV hood to come in and snorkel ! I should have it back on that Friday! So that's messed that up!  :diablo:

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Unfortunately my Jeep is  at last in for having it's repairs done on the bodywork ! Have been waiting on AEV hood to come in and snorkel ! I should have it back on that Friday! So that's messed that up!  :diablo:

What happened to your Jeep Stewart ?

• Platinum Member

:icon_cry:  Well I guess it will be good to have it sorted finally.  :great:  This will be my first jeep event outside Blighty so really looking forward to it. Shame about the damn weather though, will be a bit mixed I think. Nearly put the soft top on yesterday, not so sure about it now.  :confused:

• Administrators

Have a great Time all of and lets see some Photo's !

Hope to have the Rubicon Back by Friday !

• Platinum Member

Great event, good people, fun times.

Will share some pics later when I have a better connection.

Great to meet you Christian and your partner- sorry forgot her name.

Thanks for you help on some translations.

Loved your JK.

Would be good to try and meet up here!

Paul

• Platinum Member

Likewise, this was a fantastic event exceptionally well organised and incredibly good value for money. A huge thanks to Christian (Wildjeeper) who played host to a few of us brits over the weekend and helped us to find our way around and get the most from the weekend. Unfortunately we had to cut our stay short due to illness back home so we missed the final climb to the summit, but the pics look great.

I'll get some photos posted as soon as I can.

• Platinum Member
Wildjeeper62

Thanks to Paul and Peter. It was a pleasure to meet you guys and you are both absolutely right this event is really great.

Unfortunately there is a big cloud over the project of doing it again next year as the JeepAOC guys have so many difficulties to get the authorisations from the local organisations, politicians and Do-Gooders that they might simply give up. So I was told by their president Mr Zag when we had a beer on Sunday evening to celebrate a successful Chambon 2015.

I will keep you all posted about this and we will enclose few pics once sorted out as we arrived back home only this afternoon.