November 7th south Cotswold Run 2015

stewart

• Platinum Member

Just seen the picture on the joining thread.  My heart goes out to you after all your hard work and effort.  Hope nothing dreadful happened to those who said they were coming that prevented them from turning up.

• Platinum Member

Just seen the picture on the joining thread.  My heart goes out to you after all your hard work and effort.  Hope nothing dreadful happened to those who said they were coming that prevented them from turning up.

Disappointing , but thanks for taking the time and the effort not just today but all the work that goes on behind the scenes,  :icon_flower:

It was in the back of my mind that no one who was going had posted numbers of people they were brining  :icon_e_confused:

Thanks for arranging this John and I have noted the members who did not show, and the lack of communication as to why not.

Steve managed to inform you........why could AndrewViney, Snowman, Nickp not I wonder?

Maybe pre pay, non refundable, is the only way forward with all events? Unfortunately all members suffer should we take this approach as a club.

I wonder if they forget to attend the Dentist, Doctors, Opticians etc once an appointment has been made?.........They don't send reminders.

Guest grey thunder

Thanks for arranging this John and I have noted the members who did not show, and the lack of communication as to why not.

Steve managed to inform you........why could AndrewViney, Snowman, Nickp not I wonder?

Maybe pre pay, non refundable, is the only way forward with all events? Unfortunately all members suffer should we take this approach as a club.

I wonder if they forget to attend the Dentist, Doctors, Opticians etc once an appointment has been made?.........They don't send reminders.

[/quote

I think that full payment is the only way forward now ..this has happened a couple of times .]

• Platinum Member

Bob,

was this the same Nick that didn't turn up for the Wales trip in August? 

Rolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest do members get a reminder by email that they are on an event ?  I only ask as I can't remember if I got one  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

• Platinum Member

WTF  :icon_eek:

I agree, full pay up front, I would of lost my pennies but so what, you guys put the effort in and it all goes back into the club.

Sorry to hear of this...

• Platinum Member

I am not sure on the charging for services and potential issues it may cause, another discussion.

In all the years I have never had a full no show, but usually some changes at the last minute.

Could be unusual circumstances.

Why not operate a strike system with suspension of attending activities if a no show without communication / reason months

Usually after the first 2 the name and shame changes things.

• Platinum Member

Big sorry for not letting you know guys  :slap: Jenny was in hospital for two weeks with heart problems she came out Friday, I just forgot all about the trip, very sorry  :whip: :wav1

• Platinum Member

Big sorry for not letting you know guys  :slap: Jenny was in hospital for two weeks with heart problems she came out Friday, I just forgot all about the trip, very sorry  :whip: :wav1

See genuine things happen.

Hope all goes to plan, speedy recovery and get well soon Jenny  :icon_flower:

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the kind words David, it was a bit scary for a couple of days but she's doing ok now  :great: Once again may I apologise for not letting you guys know.  :wav1

• Platinum Member

Thanks John I know how much work goes into organising an event I'm sorry it has been such a disappointment for you.  :wav1

• Platinum Member

She's getting there Jim the correct meds and plenty of rest and I'm sure she will be back to normal soon. Only problem is I recon I'll have to put the tent up myself next year :gasp: still feel awful not letting John know I wasn't coming  :icon_redface:

Honest mate it ain't no big-e  :great:

Oh & did I mention that when I got home she dragged me Xmas shopping  :icon_cry:

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum Member

Should do another soon . I will look at some dates for March / April

Sounds good