Dealers in Germany

Lancer

• Platinum Member

My wife and I have been touring Germany and Austria for hols in the last couple of years. Last year we had a problem when a trans fluid coolant line went out and dumped some fluid and we were towed to a main dealer in Wurzburg, Bavaria.

The company is the IWM Autohaus in Nurnburgerstrasse Wurzburg.

They had to order the part in, but got it, fitted it, topped up the trans and road tested it. Took 2 days in total from the morning we saw them. Excellent service and very reassuring in an emergency. Be warned though, not many people speak English in S Germany. I also can't recommend AA European cover highly enough - well worth the money!

Second recommendation is in Leipzig (from this year). Jeep made a "cough/lurch" (best way to describe it) after a full refuel in Bremen. Dealer took it in when I drove up, scanner on for a FULL system scan and then up on the lift for a full check. Turned out that the fuel had a high bio content and had basically cleaned some crud out of the system. Dealer wouldn't charge - goodwill, although would have charged if work/repairs had been needed. That company is OffRoad Leipzig, Franz Fleming Strasse 7 tel 00 49 341 4423540.

Both dealers had BIG premises and showrooms, as well as free coffee and clean loos (the latter is of major importance to my wife).