Salisbury Plains Sunday 11th January 2015 ***Please Confirm ASAP***

stewart

Solstice Park is a reasonable size,  do you have a more precise RV,  KFC for coffee maybe?

Tim,

We usually park up in KFC as they don't open till later.

You will have no trouble missing all the Jeeps.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• cyberil

• Chrisby

• jeepstertim

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meet up at the location mentioned by Neal. Carparks immediately on entrance to Solstice Park.

You can top up with fuel on arrival for the days trip if needed, buy some stuff for your lunch, in case you left it in the fridge when you left home too, and even pop into Costa Coffee / Starbucks (Not sure which one!) while you wait.

• Platinum Member

I hope to be there to say hi and take pictures/annoy etc any JKU owners present  :icon_pirat:

• Platinum Member

Hi Gents,

unfortunately I will not be able to attend; have some work to do on my steering components... Steward, feel free to pass my place to another fellow Jeeper, as discussed yesterday.

You guys enjoy it and please take pics!

I hope I can visit the Plains shortly!

Cheers!

Hugo

• Administrators

Hi Gents,

unfortunately I will not be able to attend; have some work to do on my steering components... Steward, feel free to pass my place to another fellow Jeeper, as discussed yesterday.

You guys enjoy it and please take pics!

I hope I can visit the Plains shortly!

Cheers!

Hugo

Thanks Hugo I have modified the list so can everyone please confirm within the next 24 hours?

• Administrators

Ah ok....can you not share the route though why the guarded secrecy round it :D

Plus I have a couple of friends that are not Jeep owners who want to drive it so that counts me out of joining the one with JOCUK as you dont allow non Jeeps on the trips :(

Hi Nick, we fully understand that members have friends with non Jeep branded 4x4's but the club has been set up like many other marque Clubs in that it caters for enthusiasts of that Brand alone, in our case it is Jeep branded vehicles ! There are many 4x4 Clubs, JOC is just a Jeep club for all types of Jeep it doesn't have to be all off road events too! where as many 4x4 club are?

If say you have an Alfa Romeo and wish to join a Club for that brand then you would choose Alfa Romeo owners club http://www.aroc-uk.com or Cloverleaf https://www.cloverleafclub.co.uk/ for example? They will only cater for that brand! Hope that makes sense ?

Jim has kindly pointed you towards the thread regarding routes in addition to that I would add if as a Club we share out routes next month there could be a TRO on some of that route, the Club would not want to be responsible for any section 59 orders issued to members who may have mistakenly driven part of a route that was not now legal, so we feel it's best not to distribute the routes. More info on the act http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/30/section/59

Finally many members of the team give up there own free time and fuel to recce the routes so we can be sure of the suitability of the route to the Jeeps. For example non damaging or minor damage to paintwork.

Nick I hope you understand all the points in response, but feel free to debate this further in the thread Jim has linked above.  :great:

I have a couple of issues with my Jeep that I am not sure I will be able to sort by the 11th. I had better give up my place to someone who can definitely make it.

• Administrators

Thanks for Letting us know I think Snowman was next on the list?

Guest clarkemippet

Stewart is this event ok for standard JK's? I did ask about the 'recovery hooks' line but it was a few weeks back.

Thanks.

• Administrators

Stewart is this event ok for standard JK's? I did ask about the 'recovery hooks' line but it was a few weeks back.

Thanks.

Yes it will be fine but I have to wait to hear from the reserve list in order of who's on that list first to be fair!

So deadline for the reserves is by 8pm tomorrow night please!

Please don't forget the Paypal donation to JOC for the ones coming on Sunday!

Cheers

Stewart

• Platinum Member

I'm still in if I can make this trip in standard GC 2.7 CRD with M+S tires  . Please, could you confirm "yes" or "no", so I can pay donation for this trip.  :great:

• Administrators

I'm still in if I can make this trip in standard GC 2.7 CRD with M+S tires  . Please, could you confirm "yes" or "no", so I can pay donation for this trip.  :great:

Ok Your on the list! !

• Administrators

Ok no worries.

If a space appears I will be there.

ok your on the list!

• Platinum Member

My car after yesterday's frosty morning dosn't start. I wont be able come for this trip, please give my place to someone else